Help! Low beams won't work, high beams do.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aggie97

Reaction score
I'm at a loss. Checked fuses and they are fine. Swapped out one bulb to see if it was the bulbs...no luck.

If not bulbs and not fuses, anyone have any other ideas what would cause the low beam headlights not to work?

Thank for any feedback.

Last edited:

Ferny

Reaction score
Same here

Im having the same problem and I can't find any threads elsewhere on this subject....fuses are good. I haven't replaced the bulbs but I can't believe BOTH would go out at the same time so it's got to be something else. Any info is appreciated...until then, it sits in the driveway =(

OP
OP
A

Aggie97

Reaction score
Mine is a 2007.
It's still umder my extended warranty so I'll end up taking it in but the timing sucks...I'm in the beginning days of a vacation trip so having to avoid night driving during the trip.

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't have a wiring diagram of those. Granted, it's a bulb; it's only two wires, + or - :p. It's a 9008, yes?

Is there a difference between high beams, and when you pull back on the lever (flash to pass). If I remember correctly, when you FTP, both the high and low beam filaments illuminate, where as in high beam mode, only the high beam filament illuminates.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EDIT:

Do you happen to have a multimeter or test light? If not, head over to walmart, they're pretty cheap there.

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think he ever responded. See post 5 and do the procedure.

EdandtheBullDog

Reaction score
Resolved

Don't think he ever responded. See post 5 and do the procedure.

Thank you Elvato. Sure enough BOTH bulbs had died within hours of each other. The were PIAAs BTW. I replaced them with Sylvania XtraVisions that I got on sale. They seem to be as bright, but a bit more yellow. Hopefully they'll last longer.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I've heard PIAAs don't last nearly as long as some other aftermarket bulbs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze