Help PATS left me stranded!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
A local, mobile locksmith programmed a spare for $70. I have seen the actual programmer on Ebay for under $100. Once you have two, you can self program additional keys. I purchased a blank($8) and had hardware store cut it(free).

OP
OP
Drae

Drae

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I ever need another spare I will try and find a locksmith but nothing's easy or cheap here in Alaska. There's not a lot of people here so some professions are scarce or they charge what they want because of limited options. I talked to a locksmith before having my vehicle towed and he wasn't confident that he could get the job done so I said to hell with it and had it towed to the dealership. So either he was a half ass locksmith or he didn't want to come out an hour away on a Saturday evening to help me. That's why I have AAA service. It's well worth it here because of winter and limited quality shops and services. The tow would have cost me way more than the 1 time $130 payment per year for my wife and I.