Help with stereo 2014 expedition KR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chi6488

Reaction score
I am confused if I can update my stereo and USB outlet so that I can get carplay to work. I cannot determine which model

Ford.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
Chi6488

Chi6488

Reaction score
Sorry, I cannot get image to post. Keep getting error. I tried url from image hosting

DR650N8

Reaction score
I don’t think there is any hope for updating to use with car play. I also have the 2014 with navigation and can’t find much about it online. It seems it is a clarion brand radio/nav, you can buy discs to update the maps. Otherwise this is just a pretty basic sync version 1.

Some people have recommended just get an iPad to use waze for navigation. I have also seen people change the radio out with aftermarket that works with car play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CarPlay is 2016 Sync 3 and later. On 2016 you need to replace the USB hub. 2017 and later Sync 3 ship with the right hub.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of the CarPlay, didn’t like how all your info is up on the screen for anyone to see or access. My 07’ unit is about as basic as it gets but it works. Navigation and Radio, no Sync here...map updates every few years. The OEMs can only be updated so much and can’t keep up with trends like the A/M units, but they look in place.

C64A6B55-4CCD-4AAB-B250-BDDBC460F823.jpeg

Last edited:

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2007 EL and I removed the stock GPS/Radio and installed a Kenwood DNX874s. It fits nicely in the space and it has Carplay, Google maps. Waze, and Apple maps.
Lots of nice add-ons such as hands free texting, phone calls, engine data,tire pressure screen,custom gauges, and more.
The info from the iphone does not display unless you want it too.
Retains the steering wheel controls of audio and you remove the RCA plug and replace with dual USB ports.
IMG-5639.jpg
IMG-5635.jpg

IMG-5636.jpg
IMG-5632.jpg