Hheeeelllpppp!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can we see a pic of the plug part that came out of the #8 and a shot of your extractor tool?

My thinking is enough of the reverse is available, but the bit isn't going down enough...

or...

The extractor reverse threading is worn enough not to catch.

Are you using the Lisle 65600?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bigred-262002

Reaction score
I have easy outs but they are too short. I did try a tap with no luck. We are thinking outside the box now an started it brought it up to running temp an cleaned the puller an the peace an put a small amount of JB weld it the end of the puller and used a down force with a pry bar letting it sit. I will go back out in a bit an try again. I figure a $120 puller is cheaper then pulling the head. I will take a picture an post it when it comes back out of the head. Once again thanks guys you all rock.

04EB

Reaction score
so how does the mustang ride

If your asking me, it rides good, didn't really notice a handling difference from the 4.6L that was in it. Did notice quite a boost on the ass dyno though!

OP
OP
B

bigred-262002

Reaction score
Ha i wish. The JB weld didn't hold. So now I'm out of ideas. The picture is of one that i pulled out of another cyclinder

OP
OP
B

bigred-262002

Reaction score
Ok i have lost my mind. I just drove the hell out of it thinking if it got hot plus running that it might loosen up an pull out. But just my luck it didn't. Oh well looks like I'm pulling a head this weekend.

Experez

Reaction score
Napa makes the perfect tool for about 100 dollars, you need to try that before you pull the head!!! It even has lifetime warranty, just go to the store and tell them what you have 5.4 3valve

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a thought but you might want to ask a machine shop what they think before you pull the plug. They would be the most skilled people at getting something like this out without pulling it.