HID high and low beam question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they will...they do...i had HIDs in my OEM chrome/amber headlights...check out my pics in photo album

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is something I want to do, but I don't want to be buying new housings with projectors... I want something that works with the original housings.

The 5K bulbs are white and the 35 watts will not blind the oncoming driver when used in the factory headlight assembly. The original halogens are 35 watts the HIDs put out more lumens at 35 watts which makes them brighter.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive seen many...MANY ppl with them and i believe it all depends on how sensitive your eyes are...i have never had a prob with someone installing aftermarket HID in OEM housings and "blinding" me...just me

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok 35 watt and 50 watt have no difference in distance they "throw" the light, 50watt just causes more heat buildup inside the light

5000k and 6000k are almost identical with brightness and how white they are. 6000k just has just an ever so slight hint of blue to them, no other difference.

stock headlights cannot and will not focus the light but will act more like a flood light. yes you can see further to the sides in front of you, but they do not have the potential that retrofitting actual projectors into the housing (and no i am not talking about the gay eBay projector headlights either, they are junk)

dadamaja

Reaction score
The 5K bulbs are white and the 35 watts will not blind the oncoming driver when used in the factory headlight assembly. The original halogens are 35 watts the HIDs put out more lumens at 35 watts which makes them brighter.

give us a pic, i was thinking about doing that set up, but first i wanna make sure i can do one of those restore jobs on the headlights b/c the tops are starting to turn a little yellow

dadamaja

Reaction score
the restore kits usually work for the most part, unless they are really bad.

Cool, I know a guy that just did his infinity and they were very bad that u couldnt see in the housing any more, I was very impressed when I saw his. Mine are just turing at the tops. Every thing else is clear as hell. I think im a try his method

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, I know a guy that just did his infinity and they were very bad that u couldnt see in the housing any more, I was very impressed when I saw his. Mine are just turing at the tops. Every thing else is clear as hell. I think im a try his method

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I got my kit from ZombieSoldier, they were easy to install and they work great.
I recommend you contact him. The headlights were a PITA to get out but I did get them out.

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put 6k hid's in mine and have had no problems. Like Andy said, they are a PITA.