Hmmm.....14HP boost.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's not a Triton or Ecoboost....

With full ECU control you can get mad numbers out of anything, questions are:
1) will it pass necessary emissions tests for highway use registration?
2) how many miles before it blows up?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fixed the link

Oh OK... ecoboost. Doesn't list Expedition and Navigator though.

Also....with those sloppy stickers, they look REALLY chinese... and, hey, the main question remains, sure you can make both the Triton and the Ecoboost put out more power, but how long will they last??

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theses companies have made these performance coils for years now for you name it. I don’t buy it, and I’m sure they aren’t up to the quality of the oem coils. Chinese knock offs with a sticker and some supposed dyno results....commonly dynos are hardly accurate/effective and often tampered with and adjusted to show positive results. You can only do so much with spark....if you have aready have healthy spark it’s about as good as it gets.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh OK... ecoboost. Doesn't list Expedition and Navigator though.

Also....with those sloppy stickers, they look REALLY chinese... and, hey, the main question remains, sure you can make both the Triton and the Ecoboost put out more power, but how long will they last??
I think its a modern version of the coil boosters you could buy back in the 1970s that also claimed to 'increase your HP'. They didn't.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Accel make about the same claim for their coilpacks for the F150 Ecoboosts.
Accel generally makes a pretty good product.
I am contemplating putting a set in at 75k miles just to see how they go.
Unless I loose a coil pack sooner than that.
I just had my 60k service Friday so I have about a year and a half before 75k.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Accel is pretty honest, I’ve never seen them advertise gains from their coils. They just call them “high performance replacements”. Here is their video regarding Triton 3V, 5.0 Coyote, and EcoBoost engine coils. Notice their careful choice of words:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've tried just about every coil, and all the ancillary electronics to go with them. I and a good friend did just that years back with his bone stock 883 Harley, it was one of the flat tracker look alikes, I think 2003? After the Screaming Eagle coils, wires, and pick up coils, all I could feel was a little difference. To me, the expense yielded very little. What made this scoot come to life was when I bolted on the 1200 cc conversion kit, along with a Harley flat side carburetor, 44 mm I think. That bike when from Clark Kent, into a muscle bulging, tire screeching, front tire heading skyward animal. Bottom line, coils and wires do very little. You gotta put the whole package together to feel anything.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk