Horn won’t stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Fendley

Reaction score
2018 Ford Expedition horn won’t stop, disconnected the battery waited about 20 minutes. Reconnected horn still sounding off. This just started during the middle of the day, have not drove for about 4 days. Weather has been mild with a little rain.

I may have to take it to the dealer, but I would like to stop the horn form sounding 1st.

It’s there a fuse I could get to or a wire to unplug. Please help. I would like to say thank-you in advance for any suggestions.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the horn, it's fuse number 1 in the engine compartment fusebox .... that should be the only thing on fuse #1 .... Do you have an owners manual ?

OP
OP
J

John Fendley

Reaction score
Found it thanks. Update , pulled the fuse, horn stopped. Vehicle sat for a day. When to start it today and would not start, would not even turn over. Lights work, wipers work, seats work etc, just won’t start. Any thoughts?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you the original owner ? Stuff like this is why people unload their vehicles. Go underneath and unplug the horns. Put fuse #1 back in and see if it starts.

OP
OP
J

John Fendley

Reaction score
Yes I am, ordered from th factory.

Update: Jumped the vehicle and it started. Will try again tomorrow, getting dark. I am also going to try the horn as well. I really appreciate the help and advise. I had a heart attack the day after Christmas, doing Ok after a stent was placed. But just a little off in my reasoning , so thank-you for helping.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok sounds good. Glad you're Ok. Have the battery tested. Might be time for a new one. I don't know how deep you want to go into it. Do all your steering wheel buttons/switches work as advertised ? Anybody been punching your steering wheel airbag ? Disconnect the battery ground cable for a few minutes, remove the steering wheel airbag and unplug the wires attached to it. Reconnect the battery and see if the horn stops. If it stops with the airbag out then the contact switches in the airbag are bad. Disconnect the battery ground cable before you reinstall the airbag wiring.

Last edited: