Hot air conditioning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What does that have to do with no ac Moose? Are we taking a trip and not leaving the farm? AKA Wildwood Weed?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What does that have to do with no ac Moose? Are we taking a trip and not leaving the farm? AKA Wildwood Weed?

I can't feel ya Moose brother. Hit the wrong key?

but Daaaaang, Haven't heard reference to that song in 30 yrs........well played!

A rite of passage song for many of that time.....

jeff

iiyama451

Reaction score
The static pressure will give you an idea of the refrigerant level in the system. System isn't running for that reading.
Some your older posts had links to read about AC systems. Are those still available? I get an error when clicking on them. Thx.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What I was referring to Jeff, and Stamp, is some great mechanics start at basic garages like Pep boys, and become great dealer or specialty shop mechanics. Just like top athletes started at the bottom, and was spotted by coaches and turned out to be Superstars. That's what I was referring to

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a feeling that's what you meant but I didn't want to guess.....yeah, some folks of the highest talent get their start at the oddest places.

The guy at Pepboys, according to Kerry tried to start it once, popped off the passenger side floor panel, "borrowed" a relay from one socket to replace another....started right up. Now think how bad he COULD have screwed me? I went to give him a couple of 20's and saw that he was 27-30, couple kids....yup, a prince of a man.

jeff

toomanytoys

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If there was Freon already in the system and you added more then it’s now overcharged. In this case the high pressure switch is going to prevent the system from coming on and blowing up. This problem could be a bad compressor clutch coil, high pressure switch, or as simple as a burned relay. Unfortunately it’s gonna take some time and tools to diagnose properly. And now that your blower motor is smoked that just adds to the problem. Probably going to have to wait till you get home

WhiteFalcon

Reaction score
My ac went out (pressures normal and clutch would not engage) and it turned out to be the high pressure switch. Jumped it with a wire and it is working fine. (Until I can get the switch changed out this fall once the weather cools off a bit.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Give this some thought on the high pressure switch. I've had systems hit 475lbs on the high side and not trip the high pressure switch. For giggles we will use 400 psi pressure. For the switch to keep the system from operating the static pressure would have to be that high at some point during operation or it hit that amount during operation. Did he hit that pressure previously? A continuity check on the switch will tell you if it did.
I've yet to come across a failed hp switch, all have been the low pressure - so far.

By the way, where did the OP go?

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep in mind too that working pressure in a a/c system varies with outside temperature and humidity. My 03 Cobra shows a high side pressure of approximately 250psi in the springtime yet it hits 310 when it’s 95 and humid. I’m not sure of the pressure that the switch is supposed to trip at but I would think that 400 psi would be dangerous the compressor as well as all the o rings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1