How different are the 2001 and 2002 model years??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
OlBlue, with the manuals, it is more than likely a time frame where they were starting to convert all of their "manuals" over to electronic. So, you will find that some years/models may not have a paper manual since they were the test platforms for the new electronic system. Starting in 2004, you can not get a paper manual that I am aware of because all the "manuals" were being sent to the dealerships on a dated DVD and in 2006, they went to a completely internet based system where you have to pay a subscription to be on it.

OP
OP
OlBlue

OlBlue

Reaction score
OlBlue, with the manuals, it is more than likely a time frame where they were starting to convert all of their "manuals" over to electronic. So, you will find that some years/models may not have a paper manual since they were the test platforms for the new electronic system. Starting in 2004, you can not get a paper manual that I am aware of because all the "manuals" were being sent to the dealerships on a dated DVD and in 2006, they went to a completely internet based system where you have to pay a subscription to be on it.

Point taken, but, I found factory paper manuals for my parents 2009 focus and 2010 fusion, so........

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
theres manuals for specific models of vehicles. my moms 08 4runner has one my dads 04 tundra has one. but its harder to find. mostly because people are too lazy to work on their vehicles anymore. they dont want to learn all the electronics and vacuum lines. so they just take them in.

OP
OP
OlBlue

OlBlue

Reaction score
So... Bottom line... Should I get them or not??

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would. on how minimal the differences are the main issues you might run into will be covered.

OP
OP
OlBlue

OlBlue

Reaction score
Ok. Think I'll make an offer

OP
OP
OlBlue

OlBlue

Reaction score
Scored them for 65.95!!!!

OP
OP
OlBlue

OlBlue

Reaction score
Also, found something interesting......

Ford shop manuals for 2002 for every vehical EXCEPT the expedition, and an eBay listing that confirms my suspicion of 01 and 02 being so similar, no manuals were printed for 02

OP
OP
OlBlue

OlBlue

Reaction score
Update--- got the manuals in the other day. So far, no differances