How many miles on your 2nd Gen Ford Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudpedition

Reaction score
Texasscot it is the 5.4 they had ford dealer put it in 5 years ago

Didnt get reason for it but assumption is original pooped the bed..

Just got paperwork from Ford for the swap

Along with stack of maintenance records and title

but expy sat over 2 years under a metal carport deal un moved. I have noticed ac changing between defrost and vents on its and blowing ice cold from defrost more often last 2 times driving it. So I assume a vaccum line is faulty but

Reaction score
Service mechanics for fleets have stated the 5.4 can easily reach 350 to 400 k miles before requiring a full tear down. That said, one should expect to service timing components and oil pump, inspect the cams and liters for wear, every 90k to 100k miles. Further, one should inspect plugs on a shortened interval of 30k miles

AntMan201

Reaction score
230,000 here

just changed all 8 spark plugs and ignition coils and O2 sensors, fuel pump and DPFE Sensor (causing all sorts of issues)

bigdogchrisl

Reaction score
230,000 here

just changed all 8 spark plugs and ignition coils and O2 sensors, fuel pump and DPFE Sensor (causing all sorts of issues)
I just changed all that in mine, including DPFE - and it appears to have created all kinds of issues as well. Truck races at startup, then virtually stalls, then hunts...none of which occurred befote, which I just chalked up to my incompetence by missing a vacuum hose or something, but all hoses are correct and I didn't have this after changing the intake at just over 186785 miles....

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01