How many owners out there with no major issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think these trucks have been around long enough to get any real sense of how reliable they are. It looks like the highest mileage in this thread is 50k w/o major problems, which is about 150k shy of my bar for a reliable vehicle. The F150 Eco reliability might give you a better idea.

I hope I don’t jinx it, but we have had nothing serious crop up in three years and 12,000 miles. Now that the B-T-B warranty has expired, it’s on the ESP with deductibles. Fingers crossed

Jeez, my lawnmower goes more than 12k/year. You could have saved about $75k and just bought an old Navi or Escalade and it still probably would have outlasted you at 4k/year. :D

Jim Tallman

Reaction score
I have had zero issues with my 2019 Limited Expy. I tow to and from Florida to Michigan yearly, and the performance is outstanding albeit fuel mileage is down to 9-91/2 mpg. I tow an enclosed trailer with my trike approx 3500 lbs. the trailer‘s roof line is about 21/2 feet above the Expy’s roof. Extremely comfortable.

dwmarks

Reaction score
2018 Limited 302a. Love the truck. No issues until the last 10k miles or so. Replaced cam phasers under warranty at 59,600 miles. Probably wouldn’t have done it if it wasn’t still under warranty - the rattle on startup was just annoying. Just replaced drivers front wheel bearing at 71k ($750). Other than that, it’s been rock solid. Have had expeditions since 1998 and not changing any time soon. Just ordered my 2022 limited with 15” sync 4 screen. I only keep them about 4yrs, 70k miles, but no significant problems prevent me from coming back.

TDN2018

Reaction score
I bought my wife a new '18 XLT Max 202A. After three years and 37,850 miles these are/were our issues:
- The cam rattle on startup from day one. We were told by the dealer at the time that it was normal, so we did not care much about it. Truck drove just fine.
- hard clicks when cornering soon after we picked it up. ( found one of the passenger side rear sway bar bolts loose. I tightened it. all good since)
- panoramic roof rattle started at 3000 miles ( lubed myself following F150 TSB, worked on and off )
- lots of little rattles here and there, mostly around the plastic wrappings around the door frames, headliner attachment point, seatbelts, trunk area. (fixed it all myself. I have absolutely no tolerance for rattles. so take that into consideration)
- clicking mirrors on startup 17,300 miles (dealer "reprogrammed". its still clicking from time to time)
- panoramic roof rattle got worse 28,300 miles (dealer adjusted and lubed. this seemed to be the fix, no issues with it now) also in the cold weather the rear driver side door handle touch lock/unlock was intermittent. Dealer could not replicate of course.
- rear right passenger shock leaked at 31,200 miles (dealer replaced both rear shocks)
- Received the cam phaser reprogram 21B10 at 36,600 miles (dealer reprogrammed. No improvement. Tranny shuttered at ~1.5k RPM. felt a little like the lane keeping steering wheel vibration)
- Cam phaser replacement at 37,700 miles by the dealer and original reprogram ( 21N08 and 21N03).
- The truck still rattles on start up for a good minute at 37,850 miles and the tranny still shutters a bit at ~1.5K RPM in the lower gears (7 and below)

I am in talks with the dealer about what's next on the Cam phasers saga. Not sure if I want them to replace it again. I am worried that they will break something or cause an engine oil leak, drop something in it while open, who knows what else. If the startup rattle does not cause any permanent damage then I sooner just let it be. The tranny shutters is another thing, but honestly it is very mild, more like a slight vibration at the stated RPM.

Overall my wife likes the truck. I am not sure I agree with her but...