How much gas your Expedition use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My superchips did...but I wish I had the custom tunes from 5startuning in vender section instead of the can tunes

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got 16.5 this weekend over 220 miles with 150 of that spent running back and forth to move things to a storage building. not bad IMO I was expecting less...wayyy less

That definitely seems oddly high with any city driving. I can just barely touch 16-17 with 100% highway trips. Mixed is typically 12-13 for me. That is as per the fuel usage computer, though manual calculations are typically close to the computers.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That definitely seems oddly high with any city driving. I can just barely touch 16-17 with 100% highway trips. Mixed is typically 12-13 for me. That is as per the fuel usage computer, though manual calculations are typically close to the computers.

that's from the mileage divided by gallons used. I filled up, drove, filled up again then used those numbers. Mine is the 4.6 so it may do better?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Maybe I can convert my Expy to all electric... :think:

shadow460

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So does the Gotts mod help? It looks easy enough to do. I get close to 15 highway and about 11.5 city. I'm doing a lot of ultra-short hops throughout the day, though.

99EB4x4

Reaction score
Mpg

16 Highway. 13 Average. was getting 11 and sometimes 10 but switched to premium fuel. If you pull out the owners manual of a 99 It says ford reccomends 87 octane for this vehicle. Next paragraph down it says the automobile association of america has determined that this engines runs best on premium fuel and ford reccomends using premium when available.... very contradicting.... So I did some more digging and starting in 99 on the pi 5.4 they use a "wideband" knock sensor that can basically addapt to whatever fuel you put in it at the expense of torque and mpg. the only performance gain i noticed is at very low rpm on the highway like 1600rpm... it pulls harder without downshifting. i see no difference in higher rpm power.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got 10.07 MPG so far calculated by fillups in my 03 Expedition. Worst of all the cars I own.