I did it... Bought the beast! Makes my Expy look small!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most modern cars will be below the door panels of the Excursion anyway. I would like to have one with the 7.3 or 6.0. Those are stupid diesels. They don't realize how much power the have :cool::cool:

When I was shopping for a Excursion stretch in 2006-2007 I saw one or two that were diesel. They normally stayed away form stretching them for the extra cost of base vehicle and the noise. These were the 7.3 which everyone has always said is the best ford diesel ever.
I though all the excursions had the 7.3 but I guess only they went to the smaller one in the last years of the Excursions.

The V-10 spec are really close to the diesel and it had more than enough power even extremely loaded but is is not as good as a s4.6 or 5.4 IMO and no where near the durability or longevity of a 7.3.
If I had it to do over I would probably get the diesel.

I'm probably gun shy since I lost a 6.8 with only 133k on it.
- musta jsut jumped out and headed to the rest area cuz I opened the hood and it wers gon...

I think it was previous owner lack or oil changes and running low on oil all the time but I have heard others say they are not as long life as 4.6 and 5.4s.

And I went and bought another!! That reminds me, I really should go change my oil.

My last blew up on fresh Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 and now I am in a conundrum on what to put in this 49K original mile one.