If totalled...what car should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if not get a big full size car. anything roomy. your kid has nothing to do but grow. so think ahead.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shoot...my kids are 17/12...my son would be the one that will continue to grow (12)...i have the truck for FAMILY travel...she just needs someting reliable to get on the road if she has too in the event of me being out of town or deployed or whatever...more than likely it will go to my son and we'll buy something small for my daughter when she starts college

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
***UPDATE***

2005 nissan altima...paid $22K brand new in 2004...May 2011...wife gets into wreck...usaa totals the car out for damage...with 20 inch rims (paid $200)...pioneer PDH-4000 cd/dvd/ipod/bluetooth capable/navi capable...gave me $12K cashout!!!

she decided memorial day weekend that she wanted another altima...yesterday we looked at a used 08 and 09 altima...08 had 7910 miles on it...09 had 39K miles...and an 09 maxima (fully loaded) had 42K miles...the maxima didnt feel right to me...

my wife has finally realized what my daughter and i have always said about her...SHE SUDITY (SEDITY)...however you spell it...she couldnt fathom getting a used car because some else had it before her...so we look at 2011's...altima...3.5SR...$33K fully loaded...1st dealership didnt want to go below $30K...this office main focus was to clear out their used inventory before monday...monday all used cars where going to dealer action...then they didnt want to do a customer order (put the $30K in writing)...they wanted to know what my number was...i said $28K...keys in hand out the door...no dice...thank you...if its here we'll be back...go crosstown to another nissan dealership...9am...wife drove of SMILING from ear to ear in the exact same car the previous dealership didnt want to move on...

we told the story of what happened at the previous dealership...and that we had 2 more nissan dealerships to look at cause we were GETTING AN ALTIMA or MAXIMA...by sunday from someone...dealership bout it at $29K...they give us employee pricing (lil story about being in afghanistan and they are a contributor to many military functions)...got it for $27K...then drop'd $7K cash...my number was $28K for the car

i wanted to drive to the other dealership so they could see us in it...she didnt want to...i'll do it without her...so for the time being i sent an email to the two people that were working with us...and i politely said "thank you for not taking my business...you would have made me miss out on the deal i asked for and cost me $2K...because you didnt want to deal...i got the EXACT same car with the EXACT same options...the EXACT same color...$1K under my number!!! thank you for not taking my business"

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wanted factory HIDs...wife wasnt hearing it...but the factory lights are better than the halogens...no projector...but looks like 4300K or 5000K HIDs...the fogs are regular halogens so i'll post pics so you guys can help me decide which kelvin will match best...

no she did try to wiggle in some 20's they had on an altima coupe...they werent trying to here that...lol

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
said he was going 25mph...saw her stop/look his way...and continue...he's on a 2-lane northbound road in the left lane...if he saw he continue...AND if he was going 25mph (LIES) how is it the he couldnt stop...how is it he hit the REAR of the car which mean she already reached the median...she got the ticket...he spun the car around 180 degrees...some guy...listening to this...runs out of a hotel 50-75 yrds away and is stunned by the outcome because of the extremely loud sounding crash...he just knew there would be medical attention needed...if he saw her pull out in front of him...why didnt he slow down or stop completely...cuz he wasnt paying attention...cuz he was going faster than 25 mph...

IMG00141-20110522-1829.jpg

IMG00140-20110522-1829.jpg

IMG00139-20110522-1141.jpg

IMG00132-20110522-1136.jpg

IMG00136-20110522-1140.jpg

IMG00134-20110522-1139.jpg

IMG00133-20110522-1139.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah thats not 25. you want to see 25... well i dont have the pics. my moms car was damaged, 9k later, its all fixed. but he was not doing 25. legalily you can ask for his cell phone records at the dmv, ask for his cell phone provider, then go to wireless company and see if he was on the phone! DO IT NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! thats legal. if he was on the phone thats a distracted driver. dont know if its legal to talk on the phone while driving where your at, but a distracted driver means hes not driving safely and thats illegal. so see if he was on the phone, and if he was give the ol' :upyours:

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i call bs on the 25mph too! heres what my 45mph wreck looked like. girl ran a stop sign on me and caused $5,500 in damage to the expy. that was in feb 2011

034-9.jpg

glad you got the deal you wanted on the car!! get some pics of the new one up!

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
said he was going 25mph...saw her stop/look his way...and continue...he's on a 2-lane northbound road in the left lane...if he saw he continue...AND if he was going 25mph (LIES) how is it the he couldnt stop...how is it he hit the REAR of the car which mean she already reached the median...she got the ticket...he spun the car around 180 degrees...some guy...listening to this...runs out of a hotel 50-75 yrds away and is stunned by the outcome because of the extremely loud sounding crash...he just knew there would be medical attention needed...if he saw her pull out in front of him...why didnt he slow down or stop completely...cuz he

IMG00136-20110522-1140.jpg

IMG00134-20110522-1139.jpg

IMG00133-20110522-1139.jpg

OH NO! That's really sad. I hope that Range Rover is okay! haha but yeah congratulations on the new Altima!

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hahaha funny! :p no car can ever pull off those gay green wheels. ive seen those for years in magizines and on a few other cars and they all look gay. .

The ONLY car to EVER pull off the green rims is the TAKATA NSX. Thats what all these cars are trying to copy. The TAKATA NSX is the shit hands down.