Installed new 5 star tuner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edwin C Aldredge

Reaction score
Trying to read my stock files, but I don't see the option for a 2019 Expedition on the menu when I hook up to the OBD 2.

There's a 2018 F150 Ecoboost, but I don't have an F150.

What did yall use?

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you buy a single tune does that become the 8th (or whatever) driving mode or are you altering the "normal" drive mode? I guess my question is part on the "configuration" and part just a basic "when you turn on the tuned car, what modes are there?"

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I would peek at the f150 forums for that one. I’m nt 100% familiar with the 10 speeds with different drive modes. Guarantee that question has some good answers over there. My 16 doesn’t have the different drive modes so when I turn it on it’s just on until I change it

OP
OP
G

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay just went out and made a full throttle run for about a quarter of a mile on the interstate got a .30 knock sensor reading if I read it right and that was in the negative range
the guy at five star told me this morning not to worry about a colder range plug and regapping at this particular time

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay just went out and made a full throttle run for about a quarter of a mile on the interstate got a .30 knock sensor reading if I read it right and that was in the negative range
the guy at five star told me this morning not to worry about a colder range plug and regapping at this particular time
Was that run from a dead stop?

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All interesting stuff fellas. Keep it up. Trying to convince myself to get a 5Star tune. Just holding off for more information to come across this thread.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All interesting stuff fellas. Keep it up. Trying to convince myself to get a 5Star tune. Just holding off for more information to come across this thread.
Just go to their FB page. You’ll purchase one tonight

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As dead as you get. Ramp was empty it's a long ramp much like a drag strip
As long as you have the correct knock sensor selected that you’re monitoring, you're right on the money