Intelligent Access and Auto Start-Stop Fails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Speaking of these sensors, why does my Expedition make a loud electronic module noise when its been parked in my garage for days. I work in the garage and then it makes this fairly loud electronic noise. Is this something with a proximity sensor or something?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Speaking of these sensors, why does my Expedition make a loud electronic module noise when its been parked in my garage for days. I work in the garage and then it makes this fairly loud electronic noise. Is this something with a proximity sensor or something?

When you open the drivers door? That’s the fuel pump pre-charging the system. It only happens after it’s been sitting for several hours and shaves a half second off the start up time when you press the START button.

If it’s doing it all by itself with no input from you, i.e. opening the drivers door, I have NO idea. Ghosts?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
WTF is an "Intrusion Sensor"??? I must be getting old.

I looked it up and found this article about F-150's sensor.
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2015-overhead-console-intrusion-sensor-retrofit-416887/

Just passing it along if anyone else is ignorant to these things and wants to know.

I'm going to make a very stupid guess here and speculate that the intrusion sensor somehow fail-safes the auto start if nobody is in the vehicle.

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you open the drivers door? That’s the fuel pump pre-charging the system. It only happens after it’s been sitting for several hours and shaves a half second off the start up time when you press the START button.

If it’s doing it all by itself with no input from you, i.e. opening the drivers door, I have NO idea. Ghosts?

Thats me NOT touching it, or even being within 30 feet of it. All of a sudden some electronic servo type motor just cycles and then in about 2 minutes it cycles again. I've now heard this multiple times in my garage. My battery is fine as mine has sat for weeks and starts right up. I have no clue what that thing is that power cycles on its own. The keys are even in the car while it does this and its been shut off for 24hrs or so...... Weirdest thing. I've heard it do this multiple different times over the course of the last 6 months.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my 2018 Expedition serviced on Monday for smart locks not working on any doors and I had start / stop not working for few month. they diagnosed it as intrusion sensor failure and replaced the part (EB3Z-15K609-A) all door locks started to work normally and engine start / stop started to work as well. may be a coincidence.

$46 part (for those out of warranty)

https://parts.spford.com/oem-parts/ford-sensor-eb3z15k609a

upload_2020-4-26_11-3-46.png

VictorB

Reaction score
Don't know really, waiting for my connector to test myself. Should arrive tomorrow.

MollyCP42

Reaction score
I just went to the dealer with my expedition and they said it was the Body Control Module. They replaced that, and everything works again. Including the ASS. Which im trying to figure out how to disable again. And all of a sudden my microphone stopped working. Dealer is ordering a new one, but I feel its something simple. Does anyone know where its plugged in? As far as the Auto Start Stop disable, I was able to pull the wires on 18 My F150 and that turned it off. But i would have to plug back in when towing, as it controlled the lights as well. Im hoping I can do the same on the expedition