Interior water leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbigpapa

Reaction score
I also had water leaks on my brand new Expedition Platinum. Less than 1500 miles on it and I noticed that my carpet was sopping wet! Took it to dealer in Bellevue, WA. They first looked at sunroof drains. That wasn’t it. Then they found plugs and sealant missing under left side of dash. I’m very disappointed that on my brand new vehicle it’s already been exposed to water damage especially in the dash area.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also had water leaks on my brand new Expedition Platinum. Less than 1500 miles on it and I noticed that my carpet was sopping wet! Took it to dealer in Bellevue, WA. They first looked at sunroof drains. That wasn’t it. Then they found plugs and sealant missing under left side of dash. I’m very disappointed that on my brand new vehicle it’s already been exposed to water damage especially in the dash area.
What MY/year is this?

MHay

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My first 2020 Platinum Max leaked (3/20 build). I got approval for the Ford buyback. My current Platinum Max (8/20 build) doesn’t have any leaks (so far).

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is starting to sound like the making of another recall. It's actually a safety issue, and if there are that many folks experiencing this, then I'd imaging it at least warrants inspections. What a shame, the simplest part and easiest labor, plugs. I get it when something completely out of their control like Takata airbags throwing shrapnel, that's not Fords issue. But plugs.

Has anyone tried to inspect their own yet? curious if you have to pull the whole fender liner or if you can reach up in there and quickly check. I live in a pretty arid environment so I may not notice it via wetness.

Apollo

Reaction score
Mine unfortunately is still leaking. They mentioned that they did notice a leak once sitting on an angle/hill.

Claimed my sunroof tracks were not properly lined up.

Looking to seek guidance from an attorney next week just in case. Im curious how the buy back program worked if the dealer handled that for you or an attorney did.

MHay

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine unfortunately is still leaking. They mentioned that they did notice a leak once sitting on an angle/hill.

Claimed my sunroof tracks were not properly lined up.

Looking to seek guidance from an attorney next week just in case. Im curious how the buy back program worked if the dealer handled that for you or an attorney did.
My situation was a bit different. I had my truck at the dealer for repairs for 8 of the first 21 days I owned it. I finally escalated the issues to the GM and he said had they known about them sooner they would’ve just swapped out my truck. But because the truck had already been titled they could no longer do it that way and suggested the buyback option. They agreed to work with Ford and support me with the buyback. Ford initially declined the buyback but the dealer convinced the regional manager to push it through. I’ll save the full list of issues for another thread as I’ve already hijacked this one enough as it is!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@MHay I can PM you but it might be good if you could start a thread about the buy back experience. I'm possibly in that process and I have a ton of questions that so far, I'm not getting answers to. Although our situations may be a little different.

OP
OP
Janky

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took another trip to the mountains. Still dry! Seems odd to be happy about what appears to be a quality control issue at the factory... but I'm happy that our car is dry!