Intermittent No-Crank Condition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry lost track, anyway it's fixed for now. That's all that matters.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry lost track, anyway it's fixed for now. That's all that matters.

Read closer.....nothing was actually changed, other than swapping two relays. At best, one could say the issue is in remission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any fix is a good fix. Think how many here don't ever have an ending to their problem. It's still a win in the win column, and our friend is roadworthy and happy. On top of that, he had an honest reasonable mechanic. That's worth a ton. Think of all the crooks we've read about. Sj, what's the name and location of that shop? Our members in your area could benefit from someone like that. God knows we keep reading about dishonest shops, it's nice to see one that helps, and is reasonable.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, our members in the Kansas area will surely appreciate that shop.

smoothy321

Reaction score
sjwelds, it's been a couple months now... starting ok still? I have the same problem with my 07, but worse. New engine, new starter, new battery... I have been stranded a few times, but then I eventually get it to crank right up by putting it into neutral, but I have to get it to roll a little bit and then it cranks right up. It will start fine for a few days,,,, then a no crank. Wont start in neutral unless I get the vehicle to roll ever so slightly... Been doing this for a couple months now... I can't find any info on the 07... if it has a neutral safety switch or that digital range selector someone mentioned, or what to look at...

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Smoothy321 there are 49 failure points that can interrupt the control side of the starter circuit on the 2007. Since you have to get the vehicle to roll in order to start the culprit could be the digital range selector or its harness.
If you decide to replace it and still have the problem, an alternative is to bypass all the electrical razzmatazz and put in a secondary start circuit. There is some danger to this since it bypasses all safety features.

smoothy321

Reaction score
SJ, it must have been one of those fuses... IDK...

Thanks stamp, but I can't find any info on that "digital range selector." I search for that part on autozone and advance auto parts and rockauto, and nothing comes up for a 2007 expedition... This thing comes up on ebay, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transfer-C...MOTORCRAFT-fits-01-16-Ford-F-150/122924081688 but I don't think I have one of these, cause it is also not listed on any of those parts sites for my 2007. It does come up for a 2006 though.

As a side note... Sometimes when I backup in reverse it will shut down on me, and one time I couldn't get it out of park.

So, if you could, let me know what this part is called on the parts sites so I can see what it looks like, where it is located on my vehicle, buy one, and replace it . Or maybe you can tell me where to look so I can inspect it. Thanks, Keith

Last edited: