Is gas $$ going to stay up this time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nobody knows the answer to that question, dollar continues to weaken, middle east getting more and more unstable, and we have the green movement who would love for gas to be unaffordable so they can push there agenda.

Its a commodity and it will go up and down. Supply, demand, futures buyers, world politics all play a part.

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Add to that market manipulation. But don't stop there, then there is added refinery costs like certain seasonal blends for states like California, more expensive refining for different quality crudes, extra state road taxes and whatever the station owner wants to tag on.....up, up and away it goes.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No $4 gas!!!!

@ 10 mpg and $100++ to fill up F@$% that! I agree tho that if it goes up too high that ppl will just stop driving, why take a 1000 mile road trip this summer if im going to have to take out a loan... its ********! I say DRILL everywhere that some scientist says "well there could be oil there" Hell I live in FLA and I hate that some dipshits f@#&ed up and spilled a ton of oil in my waters, killed our fish, and screwed my friends' out of money they earned but I need GAS lol... I am an avid diver, spear-fisherman, fisherman, and water sports enthusiast... to do all those things i gotta haul my 20ft boat, trailer, gear, buddies, and anything else. I NEED MY EXPY and love it! so to hell with environmental-istas, and there damn 100 C.I. ricers, THIS IS AMERICA and we LOVE our cars, ESPECIALLY the BiG ones!!!!
-Just my $0.02

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll admit,I would rather spend my money on anything but fuel and as a daily driver an Expedition is not smart. But for vacations or needing to haul cousins,nephews,grandparents etc.(which we do quite alot)a large SUV is unbeatable. I just want to get this thing paid for(3 years left) so we can park it and use it for just such. My question is who thinks this time gas is going to go up and stay up. $80 gas bill a week ($4160 per year) is alot of $$ I could be using to stimulate the economy elsewhere.

yeah i feel your pain...thats what im putting out of my pocket too...i think it will go well over $4 nationally...then drop to $3.50 for fall and winter...next year...it will be $5...when i say nationally...i dont mean the average...i mean everywhere

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gee Bhsoulja...those are some pretty grim numbers. I can only hope that you're wrong... :(

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i got my truck in 04...it used to cost me $45 to fill up and $30 for my wife's altima...NOW....a few dollars over $80 for the truck and the wife's car is $60...watch what i tell ya...

I SAID IT 1ST...right here...$4 this summer...$5 next yr for gas...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$4 this summer? its $4.50 in some places here. i wont be surprised if it hits $6 in the summer here. good thing my work is so close. im going to bike it there.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
although im in the air force...i'm not a fan of distance running...but i will run 5 miles to work and back...can get enough exercise