Is that stock or aftermarket? Do i dare use it with engine off, or only idling/driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To my surprise, found an AC socket on my Gator... is this stock or a mod? Do i dare use it with engine off, or only idling/driving?

20180517_175512-1.jpg

How much load is OK to use with it?

Thx.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A93943D9-AD80-4E75-A3D1-FD9661CF260F.jpeg
Based on this, it’s stock.
I’d imagine it can handle the typical amp load of any of the other plugs in the truck, so probably fused at 15.

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same as in my Expy - I have used it to charge an iPad and my laptop. Have not tried boiling water yet.....

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Its obviously connected to an inverter which needs power feed from the alternator so therefore the engine has to be running yo use it.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stock and it's crap. The metal inside the receptacle gets pushed outwards whenever you plug something in, which results in having to remove the socket and push the tabs back in so they can make contact with whatever you're plugging in. It hasn't broken yet though and I'm cheap, so I'll just keep fixing it. :p

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s limited to something like 120 watts or something. I use it to charge my MAC air. Everything I plug into it falls out while driving. I’d like a better setup. A plug in the front seats would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have one in my Expedition, and had one in my Jeep Patriot. However in the Patriot you had to be careful because it ran off the battery when key was off and could easily run the battery flat.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m an idiot. I thought you referring to the “DC” socket, not the AC. image.jpg
Cover on mine says 150W. It’s fused higher, but the inverter shuts down if you go above that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65