Is there a way to mute the parking sensor when backing a trailer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That doesn't work on mine. I always have to select "no active trailer".
Do you have a really small trailer with only a couple lights or no electric brakes? Mine will not work on a little 12' trailer with only the rear lights and no brakes. All my other trailers will register connected and disconnected. I was told to make sure there is a good ground from the trailer to the plug. I have never gotten around to checking the plug wiring.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a really small trailer with only a couple lights or no electric brakes? Mine will not work on a little 12' trailer with only the rear lights and no brakes. All my other trailers will register connected and disconnected. I was told to make sure there is a good ground from the trailer to the plug. I have never gotten around to checking the plug wiring.
It doesn't work on my small kayak trailer or my 25' Airstream!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Speaking of parking sensors, has anyone figured out what causes the parking sensor sounds to deviate from the very pleasant tones through the stereo to sometimes the old-school sounding dinging sounds in the vehicle? I just can't seem to figure out what may cause the different types of tones, or correlate something that might tell me why it changes between the systems.