Is this air intake y pipe dent comes with the car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No dents should in that part. Wonder how it got there. Possibly can heat it up to push the dent out. I’ve had great success with a heat gun popping dents out of bumpers.

kjf1

Reaction score
You should take one off the tube going to the turbo inlet and look inside...

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No dents should in that part. Wonder how it got there. Possibly can heat it up to push the dent out. I’ve had great success with a heat gun popping dents out of bumpers.
Mine is like that from the factory as well. It appears to be intentional and you are not going to heat that up and push it out. Its a thicker, and harder, plastic than a bumper cover. As posted earlier from someone else: When I first saw it I went on an F150 forum and it appears there is an additional coolant tank there for the power boost engine. The dent is so the tank fits there. They also posted a link to the discussion. It's a cost cutting measure to not have multiple parts for a similar engine.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems to me like that might create some turbulence. intentional or not, doesn't look right from an aerodynamic perspective.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 22 Platinum has that as well. It is clearly the design of the part: any impact that could create that kind of deep depression would deform (and/or destroy) the shape and surrounding area of the pipe. The rest of the pipe is perfect in mine, as well as all the other photos posted here.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was reported internally at Ford that a number of intake pipes were dented during production but Ford has found that the affected parts cause no performance issue and continued to install them at the factory.

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was reported internally at Ford that a number of intake pipes were dented during production but Ford has found that the affected parts cause no performance issue and continued to install them at the factory.
Cheap mother frakers

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

How did you verify or determine this information?

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score

LOL so the exact pipe used on the powerstroke F150 which has a coolant tank mounted above it and needs this dent for clearance, the pipes just happened to have the mistake dent in the exact spot. LOL

These pipes are injected molded and its literally impossible to have a defect like that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65