JLT Oil Seperator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then why do you support a company that you know puts out poor quality?

Every car manufacturer has these types of issues. This is not unique to Ford! Read any other car Forums recently?

I do things to push the performance and capability of my vehicles, so I do extra things to protect them. Seems like a pretty simple concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Then why do you support a company that you know puts out poor quality?
If you think anything Toyota or Lexus builds is competition for the Expedition, then it's not even worth debating with you. Apples and oranges for a plethora of reasons. Other comments you made I agree with. If a vehicle costs $68k as in the case of my 17 Expy's original purchase price, it had damn well better make it through 100k miles without any serious issues. I sold my 05 F350 diesel after 100k miles. I had plowed with it in Mass winters every year that I had it. After that "abuse" I ended up in the end having only two issues with it. One after a week. The spring clamp that held the lower radiator hose cracked causing a drip of a/f. A worm clamp and five minutes later it never bothered me again. The second problem pissed me off, but all in all, being the only other issue I won't really complain. The rear backing plates rotted so bad the e-brake cable popped off and Ford wouldn't do anything about it.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, the newer kits mount near/in the Battery box area. There is actually a kit to retrofit the older style to this one.

Originally I thought they showed inside fender, but Your right! There calling for it to mount on the top inside flange or lip of the battery box. I just went at took a look, it appears it would sit pretty high, in fact I'm not sure the hood will clear? Has anyone installed one yet with this new bracket?

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have seen it on 150, but haven’t seen it on Expy.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah it's not going to clear when the hood closes, without crushing the insulation. I just clamped it into place and took this picture. I tried to get a picture with the hood down resting on the latch, there was maybe an inch gap above it. And the hood still needed to close, approximately 3 more inches. I tried about five times to get a picture with the hood ajar but I could not dial it in. With all that room to the rear I'm wondering why they didn't make the bracket go towards the firewall?

08a9852cfd18b23bfd27528a20fd89a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just called JLT, and they are aware of the problem. They are going to send me out the old style bracket, the 10mm nut, and a couple of the dress up caps. In case I want to shorten the hoses to the correct length. Apparently the new bracket fits the F150's but not the Expedition's.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just called JLT, and they are aware of the problem. They are going to send me out the old style bracket, and a handful of what he called the dress up caps. In case I want to shorten the hoses to the correct length. Apparently the new bracket fits the F150's but not the Expedition's.

Figures! Glad I had the old kit!

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah it's not going to clear when the hood closes, without crushing the installation. I just clamped it into place and took this picture. I tried to get a picture with the hood down resting on the latch, there was maybe an inch gap above it. And the hood still needed to close, approximately 3 more inches. I tried about five times to get a picture with the hood ajar but I could not dial it in. With all that room to the rear I'm wondering why they didn't make the bracket go towards the firewall?

A little work with a jigsaw and you can cure that pesky access problem when comes time to drain it.