Klearz lens for 15-17 expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin smith

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m new to the expedition world and forum. I contacted klearz lens to see if they made any for the expeditions. They said no but if they received 10 orders they would start producing them. I’m just curious if anyone would be interested in this or know of someone reproducing the factory head light markers in clear. Thank for your time

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m new to the expedition world and forum. I contacted klearz lens to see if they made any for the expeditions. They said no but if they received 10 orders they would start producing them. I’m just curious if anyone would be interested in this or know of someone reproducing the factory head light markers in clear. Thank for your time
I spoke with them about this last year and they said 5 sets needed to be paid before they do it for the 07-14. Not too many people have much interest in opening their headlights especially the 15-17 since they are permaseal.

I picked up a set of aftermarket from Ebay just for the clear reflector and trashed the rest for my retrofit.

IMG_20190205_180536_617.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justin smith

Justin smith

Reaction score
That’s slick bud. If I can’t find any or get anyone on board I’ll buy some from a wreck car and try to make a mold ‍

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
That’s slick bud. If I can’t find any or get anyone on board I’ll buy some from a wreck car and try to make a mold ‍♂️
Some people use frosted acrylic. When heated you can pretty much shape it however you need. Gotta have a steady hand for cutting the shape right though

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would be on board at some point. I actually opened my 2015 headlight (just one) to remove the amber. But it was a HUGE pain. I damaged the headlight and it’s never sealed quite right since. I won’t do it to the other side. a22f2857f444998cd3ac28b63be30e09.jpgfd4798b738ea3f909bd6b0c8a9ea6659.jpg47ddc0cf6faf0652610ffbd7c23b564b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score

dadamaja

Reaction score
I spoke with them about this last year and they said 5 sets needed to be paid before they do it for the 07-14. Not too many people have much interest in opening their headlights especially the 15-17 since they are permaseal.

I picked up a set of aftermarket from Ebay just for the clear reflector and trashed the rest for my retrofit.

View attachment 28995
Where did you get this light I have to have it

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Where did you get this light I have to have it
As Black said, I built them.

Made it himself. His build is highly detailed somewhere around here.
I wish I had a 1/4 of the skills some of the folks around here have.
I appreciate that but it's really not that hard. Just gotta have some patience and know how to run a dremel.