LED Turn Signal Bulbs - advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubSmurf

Reaction score
I switched mine out because of aesthetics and because out the light output. It looks and performs better than the stock ones.

Also, when I replaced the rear bulbs there was heat damage in the bulb housings.

Finally, should never have to replace them.

:)

doodlebugs-93

Reaction score
I changed all of my 02 expedition's lights to led, they're brighter, and they last longer and they draw way less current than the factory bulbs. I'm very pleased with how my 02 expedition looks with my led lights.my 2002 eddie bauer expedition with my led running lights.jpg my 2002 eddie bauer expedition after I installed my led tailights.jpg my 2002 eddie bauer expedition with my led reverse bulbs turned on.jpg my 2002 eddie bauer expedition with my new led corner bulbs.jpg my 2002 eddie bauer expedition with my new headlights and my led corner bulbs turned on.jpg

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Plati

Reaction score
Thanks for responses. I'm starting to get it, maybe. LED's draw less current so a relay might not operate correctly. You can add a relay designed for that or put a resistor in parallel with lights to draw more current. They last longer and are brighter. Customizing you vehicle is an American Tradition.

Modern vehicles, especially expensive ones come original with LED's. Incandescent is the past LED is the future. That last set of pictures looks good.

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put LED heads and fogs in my '11 not long after I got it. For a Ford, the stock lighting was actually decent. Coming from Mustangs and '88 Thunderbirds and '97, 98, 99 Explorers as well as a horribly underlit 2006 Explorer, getting into the Expedition at night was hugely confidence boosting, being able to see.

But then I threw LEDs in and holy shit, I feel like a cat with the DNA of a god.

Enough so that I immediately ordered new headlights housings and LED headlights and foglights as well for my 06 Exploder.

Much better. Before, if it was raining, in the Explorer, you dared not drive over 50 on the highway.. You couldn't see crap more than 2 or 3 lengths in front. Now it's no longer an issue.

And I had polished the lenses on the Explorer 3 or 4 times in the past year.

The Expy headlights are getting a little haze, I'll probably replace them in the spring with new stock style lenses, or maybe some limited versions for a little tint. On an all black truck, they'd look better with a bit of tint.

Here's a couple pics of comparison
I4swvZ1.jpg
K7kzm0D.jpg

doodlebugs-93

Reaction score
I try to keep looking good considering I'm the second owner of it, everything I've done to it was little bit at a time, first thing I done was order the in channel window visors, second was painted the grill insert a gloss black, third was paint the running boards the same gloss black, just to name a few. I'm in the process of putting Amber Leds on my running boards once I get them the way that I want them and wire them up I'll post a pic of them how they'll look turned off and turned on.my brand new Black Oak LED pod lights turned on.jpg my brand new led tail lights turned on.jpg my brand led fog lights turned on.jpg