Let's See Those Lifted / Big Tire Gen 4s!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pathfinder_88

Reaction score
Interestingly, the SEMA build expedition looks to have the rear wheels centered despite the 2-ish inch lift. I wonder if it's just the placement of the flares? I don't see anything about modified rear control arms. I can't confirm from the pics.

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
Wonder if that's because it's got the icon vs. the 3/2 readylift. Also just had a thought...wonder if the ones that have done the bilstein shocks vs the 3/2 still have the same issue?

PNWExpy

Reaction score
I'd say the solution is a set of fabbed adjustable control arms ($$$) or a lengthened set as mentioned. Seeing as there's a lack of aftermaket options for lifts for the 4th gen, my assumption is there isn't enough of a market out there. Most moms don't want their expo's lifted...
Yeah the first why quoted me around $800 to make 4 adjustable control arms. Not really money I wanna spend yet. The cheaper option would be to cut the current arms and sleeve them to make longer myself. Again, I’m pretty sure it would work. But I don’t wanna pay for new arms if it doesn’t… Anyone wanna be the guinea pig??

PNWExpy

Reaction score
Wonder if that's because it's got the icon vs. the 3/2 readylift. Also just had a thought...wonder if the ones that have done the bilstein shocks vs the 3/2 still have the same issue?
I have the bilsteins on mine and it has the problem still. I wouldn’t imagine the icon would make a difference either.

Pawpaw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’re spot on about the rear tire moving forward. I’ve seen some where it doesn’t look bad and others where it is really pronounced. Can’t figure out what it is that makes the difference.

Rear independent suspension??

simps7b2

Reaction score
Does anyone with the ReadyLift kit have trouble with the limited travel up front? I'm going to do a lift at some point in the future and am torn as to whether the $1k extra for Eibach fronts and Bilstein rears is worth it. I plan on running 295/70r18 on the stock fx4 wheel.

I'm doing the lift specifically to be able to do more trails here in AZ. I know that the reduced travel probably doesn't matter, but if I'm on a trail and there just happens to be a hill asking me to jump, I can't guarantee that I won't.

Last edited:

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interestingly, the SEMA build expedition looks to have the rear wheels centered despite the 2-ish inch lift. I wonder if it's just the placement of the flares? I don't see anything about modified rear control arms. I can't confirm from the pics.

It's also 2wd, and has custom fenders. Not sure if that makes any difference.

dave91gt

Reaction score
View attachment 72026
Talk about “going for it”
Tire and wheel package from National Tire and Wheel. Third package I’ve ordered from them and they have been great to deal with.
Wheels are Fuel Blitz 18x9 +20
Tires are Falken Wildpeak 295 70 18
Readylift kit arrives tomorrow and dealer will install Wednesday.
Then I will bolt these up and see what trimming / adjusting it needs.
Hopefully no issues and last piece will be order a tuner. Not sure if off the shelf or 5Star.
Going on a 2019 Stealth short Expy.
I will share experience / details after it’s finished.
Amazing the different look when comparing the factory 22’s to the 18’s. While I personally like the look of the 22’s, these will be more suited to our familiar style (more rubber, slight stance).
Wheels and tires are on. I am holding on trimming the running boards. They don’t rub- but it’s close. Wife is stoked!
It is pretty aggressive in person.