Let's See Those Lifted / Big Tire Gen 4s!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How have the Recon Grapper been holding up? I have always been a BFG guy but interested in the Grappler.
I only have about 5k on them so not much time spent with them. I have had several KO2's and they are great tires. My initial impressions are: size for size the Nitto's are larger and more aggressive appearing than the BFG's. I would say the KO2's run small. The Nittos are louder than the KO2's but not unbearable. I believe the KO2's would be better in the snow as they have the snowflake rating and smaller tread blocks and siping. I do have 2 other sets of Nitto Ridge Grapplers and have been extremely happy with them. Personally I am happy with the Nitto Recon Grapplers and would buy them again.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only have about 5k on them so not much time spent with them. I have had several KO2's and they are great tires. My initial impressions are: size for size the Nitto's are larger and more aggressive appearing than the BFG's. I would say the KO2's run small. The Nittos are louder than the KO2's but not unbearable. I believe the KO2's would be better in the snow as they have the snowflake rating and smaller tread blocks and siping. I do have 2 other sets of Nitto Ridge Grapplers and have been extremely happy with them. Personally I am happy with the Nitto Recon Grapplers and would buy them again.
They sound like great tires. Thanks for the write up!

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had zero issues with the Recon Grappler 295-70-18 on the stock Timberline wheels. It fits the body lines well. I have 35x12.5x17 on my Raptor but when fitting them on the Timberline the clearance was tight so I went with the 295'sView attachment 75167
How was the clearance "width wise" when running the Raptor 35s?

I am looking at going initially with 295/70/18 like you have on stock rims which is 34.26 H x 11.61 W
But I wanted to get 17" rims as another set and the closest size I could find are

295/70/17 Which is 33.26 H x 11.61 W
I did not want to go smaller H then the 18" version so the only other option I could find is
315/70/17 Which is 34.36 H x 12.40 W (same H as the 295/70/18 but 3/4" wider)

So I was wondering how those raptors wheels fits width wise.

Thanks!

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went just a little bigger today, but down a lot on the wheel size.

From soccer mom mall crawler...

PXL_20221105_130436598-XL.jpg

To a Moab family adventure vehicle...

PXL_20221105_135921692-XL.jpg

PXL_20221105_154320951_1-XL.jpg

Went from the stock 285/45R22 to 275/70R18. Little taller, little skinnier, little lighter overall.
After seeing YogiTheBear's pictures, I knew those Ford F150 Tremor wheels would look really good on the Magnetic Gray of my truck, so I had to get them.
I was torn between the Cooper Discoverer AT4 XLT or the Discount Tire Exclusive Cooper Discoverer ATP II. I couldn't see where I'd gain much on the XLT and the price difference was enough to make me go with the ATP II.

One down side to watching them change my tires is that while it was up on the lift, I got a glimpse of how it'd look with a lift kit on it. Going to have to do the ReadyLift sometime next year.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went just a little bigger today, but down a lot on the wheel size.

From soccer mom mall crawler...

View attachment 75527

To a Moab family adventure vehicle...

View attachment 75528

View attachment 75529

Went from the stock 285/45R22 to 275/70R18. Little taller, little skinnier, little lighter overall.
After seeing YogiTheBear's pictures, I knew those Ford F150 Tremor wheels would look really good on the Magnetic Gray of my truck, so I had to get them.
I was torn between the Cooper Discoverer AT4 XLT or the Discount Tire Exclusive Cooper Discoverer ATP II. I couldn't see where I'd gain much on the XLT and the price difference was enough to make me go with the ATP II.

One down side to watching them change my tires is that while it was up on the lift, I got a glimpse of how it'd look with a lift kit on it. Going to have to do the ReadyLift sometime next year.
Wow that looks really good. What an improvement!

Epic Dad

Reaction score
20863684-D89C-49A5-B447-C341AEA75DB0.jpeg
Well, after waiting 5 years to get my new Expy I finally got my Platinum Max in early October and finally got my Fuel Rebels and Ready Lift 3/2. Down the road I’m going to install at 3” lift once someone comes out with something like Rough Country but with the proper brackets for CCD. Tomorrow I’ll post a pic of it in day light but I was pretty stoked to finally see its profile so I parked it across the street under a light for a better photo. I took a lot of inspo from ExpeditionDrive as I’ve been oggling his rig for what seems a few years. I’m definitely going to have to cut the front of the running boards an inch because of rub when I’m making a tight turn. Other than that it’s working perfectly! Only non suspension issue was they disconnected a bunch of sensors and now I have to get all those sensors reset cuz proximity, downhill, ABS, and a bunch of other stuff is all wacky in regards to settings and alerts now. Anyone else have to deal with that?52E73046-124D-4380-8D5B-04278A54D0E0.jpeg

Last edited:

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How was the clearance "width wise" when running the Raptor 35s?

I am looking at going initially with 295/70/18 like you have on stock rims which is 34.26 H x 11.61 W
But I wanted to get 17" rims as another set and the closest size I could find are

295/70/17 Which is 33.26 H x 11.61 W
I did not want to go smaller H then the 18" version so the only other option I could find is
315/70/17 Which is 34.36 H x 12.40 W (same H as the 295/70/18 but 3/4" wider)

So I was wondering how those raptors wheels fits width wise.

Thanks!

You can see some pics here in an earlier post - The diameter was more of an issue than the width - remember I had the 17x8.5 rim at +34mm. With that offset the tire was getting close to the upper ball joint but there was clearance. I will prob eventually move to a +15 or +18 offset with a 35x12.50

Schulminator

Reaction score
View attachment 75548
Well, after waiting 5 years to get my new Expy I finally got my Platinum Max in early October and finally got my Fuel Rebels and Ready Lift 3/2. Down the road I’m going to install at 3” lift once someone comes out with something like Rough Country but with the proper brackets for CCD. Tomorrow I’ll post a pic of it in day light but I was pretty stoked to finally see its profile so I parked it across the street under a light for a better photo. I took a lot of inspo from ExpeditionDrive as I’ve been oggling his rig for what seems a few years. I’m definitely going to have to cut the front of the running boards an inch because of rub when I’m making a tight turn. Other than that it’s working perfectly! Only non suspension issue was they disconnected a bunch of sensors and now I have to get all those sensors reset cuz proximity, downhill, ABS, and a bunch of other stuff is all wacky in regards to settings and alerts now. Anyone else have to deal with that?View attachment 75566
Looks badass. I don't have an answer to your question, but can you share the sizes and offsets you went with?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni