List of expensive repairs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5x10

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I too love how these drive. If it weren't for that and the fact I don't want to eat 10's of thousands in losses, I'd probably be done. I'm going on 8 service visits in just over a year. There are tons of folks on here who still don't believe in extended warranties, I for one feel there's no choice right now with reliability the way it is. 75k and you're sitting on around 5k in repairs for things that SHOULD last much longer, not good.
Lol, this was the first vehicle I didn’t purchase the warranty on, serves me right

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So far, luckily all of our issues have been covered under warranty: Grinding/binding of rear differential when backing and/or turning sharply; mirrors popping; hard downshift 5-4 gear-replaced transmission valve body; transmission seal went out, almost stranded us in the mountains.

I think that's it so far, luckily all under warranty, but noticeable time at the dealer especially waiting for one of the transmission seals. Oh and my front struts were leaking a long time ago, still trying to get in to get those replaced. Just living with the cam phasers for now, will probably be getting those done sometime.

Needless to say, I bought my first extended warranty!

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 and at 20K. Only problems were a leaking front camera washer and my AM radio has a couple presets that wont stay presets that I'm going back in Monday for my 6th time to attempt another fix. This time a live software update via ford with an engineer to monitor. It's just a nuisance problem but should be fixed.

And we love this vehicle.

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 with 27k miles and no issues yet.

Came here thinking about starting a "should I get an extended warranty before 36k miles" and saw this thread lol.

Normally I wouldn't bother with stuff with this but I jsut feel like there is SOOO much to break on these and the cost of parts alone if it's "high tech" could be well in to the $1ks. This is the first vehicle I've ever owned that I wasn't bored with after 18 months and wanted to get rid of so I want to keep this thing a LONGGG time!!

Anyone gone through FloodFordESP?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had planned on buying through Flood when I bought mine, but my dealer went $5 above cost (he showed me on the screen) so even though it was still a couple hundred high, I agreed to it. I like to help my local family dealers. I'm telling you, just think about the folks dropping shocks/struts ever 20k miles. Sure, your first set might be covered by warranty, but if the second set is the same parts (one would hope they'd be using better quality or modified parts by now, but maybe not), then you could be out $2K+ at around 40k miles. Seems worth it to me. Sad but true, I wouldn't still have mine if it wasn't for the warranty, with the crap I've been dealing with. My last trip was about $3K worth of parts and labor, and they didn't even do the warped dash because the replacement dash was damaged in shipping.

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had planned on buying through Flood when I bought mine, but my dealer went $5 above cost (he showed me on the screen) so even though it was still a couple hundred high, I agreed to it. I like to help my local family dealers. I'm telling you, just think about the folks dropping shocks/struts ever 20k miles. Sure, your first set might be covered by warranty, but if the second set is the same parts (one would hope they'd be using better quality or modified parts by now, but maybe not), then you could be out $2K+ at around 40k miles. Seems worth it to me. Sad but true, I wouldn't still have mine if it wasn't for the warranty, with the crap I've been dealing with. My last trip was about $3K worth of parts and labor, and they didn't even do the warped dash because the replacement dash was damaged in shipping.
:eek: holy smokes. Yeah, I'll extend the warranty LOL.

Hmm, think I might go 7y 125k mile

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 Expy Platinum.

• Rear Main Seal (huge job done @ 89,000 kms)
  • Coolant lines to transmission done twice (@ 117,000kms)
  • Mirror pop issue (SSM fixed it) (@ 89,000 kms)
  • Rear pinion Seal done twice (once @111,000 kms and again @ 117,000 kms)
  • 2 Rear CCD shocks leaking replaced(@ 117,000 kms)
  • Cam Phasers (2 ea) done (@ 99,000 kms)
  • Drivers side door Air bag sensor replaced (kept getting Air Bag warning light) (@120,000 kms)
  • Rear Passenger defrost wire snapped off, replaced entire rear glass (@ 117,000 kms)
  • Rear brakes done @ 117,000 kms (wear item)
  • Water Pump replacement (@ 111,000 kms)
  • Rear brakes locked to wheels, could not drive. Replaced brake actuator, did not resolve, currently at dealer replacing ABS module. (@ 122,000 kms)

cfldad

Reaction score
Agreed. If I read this thread before purchase I would not have purchased. I have my fingers crossed that I’ll be trouble free