Lost with brakes and AC.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomFFMedic

Reaction score
I bought this 08 Expedition and am regretting it. My front brakes are dragging. The second day I got it the right brake stuck and got hot. I limped home and parked until I could take it apart. Left it for 36hrs got in started it up and nothing. Then the left caliper started dragging. I have replaced all the brake lines with Goodridge SS brake lines. The only difference after changing the brake lines and flushing the system with fresh brake fluid is I can actually get the ABS to grab all four. I went to take the driver side caliper off but Ford decided a 9mm Allen wrench is better than 10mm which is available in every store and most of us own a 10mm Allen wrench. So tomorrow I go get a 9mm Allen wrench and start looking deeper.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you replaced the brake lines, did you replace the flex lines to the caliper? They are a common cause of dragging.

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably want to at least tear down and rebuild those calipers and/or replace them altogether. I doubt that was the first time the brakes locked up on the vehicle so you'd probably also want pads and possibly rotors. I've owned my 08 for about 6 weeks now and had to do calipers, pads, rotors and hoses as well as suspension at all 4 corners and the lower steering shaft. Had the trans shudder so I did plugs and drained and refilled trans fluid. Sure is nicer to drive now than when I first drove home with it!