Mileage upgrade for 17 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What tuner did you use?

Do you have a link for the JLT catch can? Went to their site and couldn’t locate one for the 2017 Expedition unless the f150 ecoboost works the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it’s the f150 catch can. Also, I have an sct x4 with 5 star tuning 93 perf and 93 perf/tow tune

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's eco or boost your choice. Going slower does help. I see a huge difference doing 55mph on backroads than doing 75 on the highway. I am averaging 19.7mpg over the last 3K miles but most of it is congested highway which slows me down, some stop & go but mostly just 45mph & slower then 75-80 where I can. I use 93 octane. No towing during that time.

I have a 17 XLT XL 4x4 all stock.

I averaged just under 15mpg with my 2007 Sequoia. So these Ecoboosts are the real deal.

The redesigned ones have 10 speed automatics vs our 6 with a redesigned motor. Many are averaging much higher than me. I talking stock ones. Tuning can do much better.

OP
OP
M

miket961

Reaction score
I’m on my way back from my trip and currently running 21.7

Filled with 91 octane and keeping it under 75

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes it’s the f150 catch can. Also, I have an sct x4 with 5 star tuning 93 perf and 93 perf/tow tune
But you have to make sure they know it's for a expedition, or the new f150 mounting bracket won't work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's eco or boost your choice. Going slower does help. I see a huge difference doing 55mph on backroads than doing 75 on the highway. I am averaging 19.7mpg over the last 3K miles but most of it is congested highway which slows me down, some stop & go but mostly just 45mph & slower then 75-80 where I can. I use 93 octane. No towing during that time.

I have a 17 XLT XL 4x4 all stock.

I averaged just under 15mpg with my 2007 Sequoia. So these Ecoboosts are the real deal.

The redesigned ones have 10 speed automatics vs our 6 with a redesigned motor. Many are averaging much higher than me. I talking stock ones. Tuning can do much better.
thats funny
i easily squeeze 19 plus at 75 and above .
cracks me up.
i think its flying and has less drag
this was at 77 for over 50 miles
mpg2.jpg

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But you have to make sure they know it's for a expedition, or the new f150 mounting bracket won't work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Nope, wrong. I went to them in person with my expedition and told them what I wanted. Gave me the f150 can and hardware. Installed it perfectly in their parking lot with them. Zero issues

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, wrong. I went to them in person with my expedition and told them what I wanted. Gave me the f150 can and hardware. Installed it perfectly in their parking lot with them. Zero issues
Without pictures this post is worthless. And my guess if you went to them in person they knew you had an expedition. There is no way the new F-150 bracket will work. Does yours attached to the battery tray or the firewall? Photo below of new F150 battery box bracket, which is clearly way to tall for hood to close. But idk they may have revised it, and made it shorter since I ordered mine a couple months or so back.

Sent from my garage using Tapatalk
8924fa94b029616a4b3c121efd72fdea.jpg

Last edited:

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, they knew you had an Expedition when you said "I want a catch can for my Expedition"

Why is it wrong to say that on the phone?

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Without pictures this post is worthless. And my guess if you went to them in person they knew you had an expedition. There is no way the new F-150 bracket will work. Does your ears attached to the battery tray for the firewall? Photo below of new F150 battery box bracket, which is clearly way to tall for hood to close. But idk they may have revised it, and made it shorter since I ordered mine a couple months or so back.

Sent from my garage using Tapatalk
8924fa94b029616a4b3c121efd72fdea.jpg
Got mine 2 years ago and looks NOTHING like that. Sorry but not sure what part you have there