Mobile wifi for trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFordFortress

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Straight Talk Wireless and Hotspot with LTE from Walmart.

In my Excursion I had an Android Head Unit and wanted WiFi connectivity for Waze and other apps.

I think the hotspot was like $49 (you own it after you purchase it) and then there were multiple data packages.

I bought my initial package right at the store with the hot spot and then signed up on the Straight Talk app for auto reloads at a certain price for certain amount of GBs.

Did this for years and it was great. I belfries the hotspot into the vehicle would run it until it needed charging (which was for a week or more at times) and then plugged it into the car to charge it up. Nice thing was if I ended up somewhere without WiFi I could take my hotspot out of the car and use it anywhere.

One of the great things I found about Straight talk is that they use AT&T, Sprint and Verizon systems and towers so at times when my Verizon phone wasn’t getting signal my hotspot was and I was able to do WiFi calling as well as data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk