MPG Shout out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shout out on all the MPG discussion. Traveled to Santa Rosa, Fl from Michigan. Averaged 19.8 miles per gallon. Pretty happy with that performance with 6 passengers and loaded up/to MAX. For the space and comfort its worth losing out on 5-8 mpg and taking a smaller cramped vehicle.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove from Arkansas to Atlanta, GA and I got 22 mpg with 5 passengers and two coolers. Average speed was around 75 to 80 mph using cruise. Mine is 2019 XTL 4WD with new Michelin LTX tires.

rs4-380

Reaction score
Shout out on all the MPG discussion. Traveled to Santa Rosa, Fl from Michigan. Averaged 19.8 miles per gallon. Pretty happy with that performance with 6 passengers and loaded up/to MAX. For the space and comfort its worth losing out on 5-8 mpg and taking a smaller cramped vehicle.

Drove straight through from Maine to Watercolor in February in a loaded up Navigator L and got an indicated 18.8 and I thought that was good!

texevora

Reaction score
I don't know how y'all are getting those mpg readings. At best i'm at 17mpg, and usually 15.5-16.0, basically all highway driving (80-85mph), just me driving.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know how y'all are getting those mpg readings. At best i'm at 17mpg, and usually 15.5-16.0, basically all highway driving (80-85mph), just me driving.
The answer to your low mileage is in your reply. Running 80-85 in these large bricks will only get you so many miles per gallon. Slowing down may not be an option if the traffic is crazy where you live but for sure adjusting your speed to 70-75 will certainly increase your mpg. Keeping tires properly inflated at factory cold pressure, clean air filter, regular oil changes, going easy on the throttle… it all helps.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like mentioned above, higher speeds take more fuel. Drag (due to air resistance) increases with the square of the velocity.