Munkie's Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys I have bought two Xentec HID kits from amazon for both my land cruiser and my Expedition. All four bulbs ballasts had issues within a year. All of them. They sent me replacements, and those failed too. Just a data point...I’m purchasing a good kit from The Retrofit Source and will hopefully have a better experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View media item 6656Also my tires:
35x12.5r18 on 0 offset wheels.
rears rubbed on the fender when I jumped off a 1ft curb
I circled in Red right where it hit.
I took a look inside the fender. I'm thinking I can likely cut a 1.5 inch wider opening or have it flared out.

That's not a rub, that's 1ft curb jumping

OP
OP
Munkiebunz3

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Adieu well yes the rub happened with the curb jump which sort of compressed the suspension a lot. If I were to have done any off roading that would create articulation of compression it would rub there too.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys I have bought two Xentec HID kits from amazon for both my land cruiser and my Expedition. All four bulbs ballasts had issues within a year. All of them. They sent me replacements, and those failed too. Just a data point...I’m purchasing a good kit from The Retrofit Source and will hopefully have a better experience.

I had a put a VVME kit in my Explorer in 2008 sold the Explorer 2 years ago to my buddy and it is still going strong.

Put a Kensun kit in my wife’s Highlander and a ballast went after 3 years but they replaced it free of charge. That was 2 years ago no issues since.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Munkie, I can’t see your pics. This is all I see:

75f25aa90874827032211ed3e8915abd.jpg

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are pictures of my skid plates from RCI. The rear exhaust is pretty close to the plate & clangs a little bit upon startup but no other time. The guys installed spacers there to drop it a tad. Otherwise it would be resting on the exhaust.

After you posted your pictures, I decided to take a look, and sure enough, my exhaust hanger also rests on my skid plate. Which surprises me, as I don’t hear any noise out of it. Definitely not just your truck though. image.jpg

OP
OP
Munkiebunz3

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Posting an update on the truck. I can't say that I can recommend the 35x12.5 tires unless it's for show. I've been to a few fabrication shops and body shops and I can't get the cuts where I want them or get flares done. 33s should work without an issue.
Also regarding the fuel mileage, I have to deal with the faulty calibration so the computer is wrong. I just did a calibration loop for myself and found I have a 15.15% difference between measured mileage and actual. My highway mileage is 17.61 @ 67mph and 21.3 @57 mph. Thank you Los Angeles traffic. Not bad when you think about the bumper and tires vs stock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire