My 2022 Expedition Limited Max is BUILT!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktreem

Reaction score
I received “delayed one more week” emails the past four Fridays. Nothing yesterday so I assume my build date of 3/14 stands.
Mine was delayed to 2/28, haven’t received anything saying further delays so I’m hoping this is finally the week!

stimul8

Reaction score
I've been lurking here a while. Thanks for all the information. Now that I have news, I figured I'd join and post.

When tracking my VIN on the Ford site on my phone today, I was greeted with the message "Your 2022 Expedition Limited Max has been 'Built' and is currently awaiting shipment."

Order confirmed: 11/11/2021
In Production: 1/25/2022
Built: 2/22/2022
Shipped: [BLANK]
Delivery: TBD

Further down it says Estimated Delivery is 3/22/2022.
- Being delivered to Minneapolis, MN.

Welcome to the buyer's remorse club, LOL! jk. Some folks really enjoy the vehicle. I have a never-ending list of complaints.

Well... at least you didn't order a Porsche. It'd be at the bottom of the sea by now.

Tripoli

Reaction score
First time Expedition buyer here. I placed my order on March 5th. Stealth Performance Max 4x4. Super excited! Any guess when it might finally make it to me? It’s been 4 weeks now and I still supposedly don’t have a VIN yet.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First time Expedition buyer here. I placed my order on March 5th. Stealth Performance Max 4x4. Super excited! Any guess when it might finally make it to me? It’s been 4 weeks now and I still supposedly don’t have a VIN yet.
I ordered on 2-24, haven't heard a peep yet, although I did get RES added the other day!

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I placed mine 1/26 and still haven’t been scheduled.

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First time expedition buyer here too. Ordered an XLT Max 4wd in iconic silver, black cloth interior, 200a equipment group, and auto s/s delete.

Order was placed on 1/3/22, confirmation email the same day.

First scheduled for production email on 2/3 for the week of 3/7 (this email is where I got my VIN), followed by adjustment of production email on 2/4 pushing it to 3/14.

I have now received 5 additional schedule adjustment emails pushing the week of scheduled production to 4/25, where it currently sits according to FMC. The dealership keeps telling me their system shows the week of 5/9 though.

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have only seen one SPP out in the real world which most likely was part of the initial quality check run. I’m expecting a batch of them to get scheduled like the timberline folks got a few weeks ago. Ordered 2-7 and still crickets from everyone.

gbishop

Reaction score
First time expedition owner here.
we ordered our 22 expedition max limited with stealth package on 11/13/21 as a family plan from an uncles dealership, got a vin within a few weeks, went into production after months of delays 3/30/22, dealership/ford customer service told me may 3rd it would be out of production because chips were coming in. After weeks of not hearing anything I called again & now they are saying still in chip delay with new estimated date of July 1st. 8 months since order date but I’m not even holding my breath. It hasn’t moved from production to built. I have heard shipping takes another month give or take so I’m not sure how it could be here by July 1st even. So bummed as I had an early order according to the first email I got & now I am seeing 22 expeditions out on the roads with mine not even close to being here. First time ever ordering a car. We expected delays, but nothing this long. FIL order ranger tremor last year & it took 6 months. Uncle even said he’s gotten in other expeditions ordered at the same time or after me & doesn’t understand why ours isn’t here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357