Navigator Borla Exhaust on Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its still going to sound like a small V6, because IT IS A SMALL V6. Don't expect a mean deep roar that you are used to from V8's and such. My muffler stays on simply to hide the V6.

You’re probably right that it’s not going to sound good. I do love the Borla sound on V8s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've heard the navigator system and it sounds good. I talked to borla yesterday and they said the expidition one was sent back to engineering for some modification,but they said be patient because it's coming..
If anyone can make it sound good it's borla.

Sowie1701

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Buick Grand National? It actually had a pretty decent exhaust note for a V6. I wish they could get it close to that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Buick Grand National? It actually had a pretty decent exhaust note for a V6. I wish they could get it close to that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just change the muffler. My Expedition originally had a huge(30") and heavy one. I changed it to Raptor, performance muffler. Its a nice tone and not too loud. Ford uses decent stainless tailpipes. Mine is the original. The shop made/bent a small piece, to adapt the new, smaller muffler. They charged me $25 to install it. That included welding the new one.The muffler was $35. A 'Cat-back' system will cost 10x more and give practically, the same results. On a side note: my neighbor has the 'muffler delete' on his 5.0 Mustang. Another neighbor has a Harley Davidson with straight pipes. Both are, in my opinion, obnoxiously loud and annoying. Every time they go by, I think what a-holes they are.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I'm curious, no one here has talked about the magnaflow system, has anyone used it? It's about half the price of the borla, and I've had both manufacturers on previous vehicles so quality wise they are pretty close.

The magnaflow is rated for slightly less sound pressure, and I personally like that it's side exit.

I personally prefer Corsa but they don't have anything for these and so far and I haven't seen any plans.

Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you see ford makes fake engine sound out of the radio?

Yup, disabled mine via Forscan. But at least they are a little ahead of the curve, now all they need is a marine speaker on the outside of the rig and they will satisfy some upcoming Euro requirements for EV's to make engine noise for safety. I get it, this isn't an EV, but if they already have the tech, it's easy to replicate for EV's.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Magnaflows typically will rattle your skull from the nasty interior drone from them. I would pay double for a Borla knowing the interior noise would be comfortable. I've had multiple Magnaflows on other vehicles and they were never loud by the tailpipe, but the interior drone was nasty.

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, disabled mine via Forscan. But at least they are a little ahead of the curve, now all they need is a marine speaker on the outside of the rig and they will satisfy some upcoming Euro requirements for EV's to make engine noise for safety. I get it, this isn't an EV, but if they already have the tech, it's easy to replicate for EV's.

Is it noticeably quieter with it disabled? I’ve thought about disabling mine but haven’t yet. I notice the fake sound more in my F150.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69