Navigator Borla Exhaust on Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Came across this kit and like the fact it exits out the rear of vehicle instead of side like magnaflow.

https://www.borla.com/products/navigator_catback_exhaust_touring_part__140744.html

I am assuming the main hurdle would be hangers and the dual inlet to muffler. Any thoughts?
You’ll probably spend half that price trying to get it to fit with the issues you stated above. They should make one for the 18+ Expeditions already if not in the near future. You could always just cut out your old muffler and put a Borla one in there. You already have 3” piping I believe. I would recommend against messin g with the exhaust. I put a magnaflow straight through system on my 16 and immediately regretted it. Sounded like a 6700 lb civic when you floored it

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Side exhaust is better for cavernous trucks with big liftgates and tons of cargo space

With rear exhaust you'll collect a noticeable amount of fumes if you leave it running while you load a bunch of stuff.... unless you got start/stop and it sorts that out automatically? Idk

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its still going to sound like a small V6, because IT IS A SMALL V6. Don't expect a mean deep roar that you are used to from V8's and such. My muffler stays on simply to hide the V6.

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
small V6? huh? while technically you are right looking at the size of each cylinder, I would really wonder who produces a 300ci (5l) v6.

Or did you just mean absolute terms, 3.5l is not 6l?

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input...

I keep going back and forth about a new exhaust system... I really want to hear stuff in person because I have never owned a v6 that I wanted to mod before. Always had mustangs before kids. Edit: v8 mustangs :D

If there is anyone in DFW area that had exhaust care to meet up so I can hear?

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input...

I keep going back and forth about a new exhaust system... I really want to hear stuff in person because I have never owned a v6 that I wanted to mod before. Always had mustangs before kids. Edit: v8 mustangs :D

If there is anyone in DFW area that had exhaust care to meet up so I can hear?
Why not just chop off the rear resonator? I did that on my 16 and got a real nice sound. No highway noise and no rasp

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to the Hennessy website and listen to thier 650 horsepower navigator with the borla exhaust,it should be nearly identical to the expidition model soon to appear.
That little v6 in stock for produces some pretty impressive numbers in horsepower and torque,nothing to laugh at.