Need a lift! '97 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nvy, up load pics to photo bucket then get codes and down load them to the thread or your sig

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only problem with the big suspension lifts I posted are they are only good for show they put way to much of an angle on front CV shafts and they will keep blowing out... a dodge ram up here with a 12" whiplash keeps rebuilding the front end every couple of months... I would stick to a set up like mine with 11" or if you wanna go bigger do a SAS since the expedition won't hold up with the weight of anything bigger... I've been thinking of trying to go bigger but SAS will cost too much and dont like the reviews for the bigger suspension lifts "10-12inch" lifts.... just my .02

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree walnuts. but how did you achieve 11"? cuz that would be about perfect. i dont need show, i need go. i love to wheel and would like bigger tires than my 35's to do so. where you guys from upstate? i grew up in montgomery county. my father still lives up there.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in jefferson county in Watertown... 67 miles north of Syracuse... YES the mighty Orange that will win this March!!!!!

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im ******* distance from walnuts 30 miles north of syracuse, right on the lake, woo hoo loving the snow

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and you can keep that snow down there.... luckly so far been a mild winter up here..

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i grew up in canajoharie, about 45 mins west of albany, right off the thruway.

so walnuts, how did you achieve the 11" of lift? Can you fit 38's or 39's?