Neon underbody placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a neon underbody kit or a how to? can you post pics of the areas that they're installed...ESPECIALLY THE REAR!!!

thanks

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will be installing my led slimline kit on my 99 eb on thurs..... I installed neons on my xlt and i put the tubes inside the running boards and on the back i used pipe strap to build a semi rigid bracket so u can still have a spare tire.... Hope this helps....

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i knew i was gonna put them under the running boards...my only prob is the rear...pipe strap? i'll look into that...what about RTV...the rear frame is where i'd like to put it but dont have any idea of how to go about it...initial thought is to drill into the frame...

i'd appreciate it if you took pics step by step or something...

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will def try to take step by step pics... Hopefully i remember cuz i gotta install the underglow, billet grill, halo projectors with hid kit, halo fogs with hid kit, double din head unit with nav, amp wiring, my amp, my 12s, 12in lcd visors, and my led interior bulb replacement kit.....all on weds and thurs..... Lol but i will write a reminder to take pics....

Also how do u like ur kickers? I just ordered 1800w each 12 inch shallow kicker cvts... Just wondering how u like them and are they behind ur third row or in box with no third row?

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i love them...especial when i turn my remote gain up...i've been asked how many 15's i have in the back...then i show them the 2 CVR 12's....they like...quit playing....

check out my photo album...i have pics to answer all your questions...

when i redo my system...i'm looking at getting 2 L7's....yeah....

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i love my kicker. mine behind the 3rd row. theres pics some where on this forum. if you can find them ill post a pic again. people ask how many 12s i have. 2, 3 or if i have a 15. same thing but its only 1 12. people are like WHAT THE... but still not loud enough. haha im going to get 2 kicker solo classic. i can buy the 2 12s and a box for $400 about. i dont remember. then buy a 2000 watt amp. still not sure where im going to put that monster. and i need some 0 gauge wire.
and neons for side. im thinking about removing my running boards and plus ive rubed up on them. do you think if i drill into the frame it will do anything bad? i want to be a desert runner with neons. haha

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there shouldnt be ne problem drilling the frame... just stay away from any wire or lines... my led underglow actually just arrived while i was at work today..... so i will def install it on thurs.....

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Damn, I got to go get a bigger monitor so I can see this thread.... 2Blackfordrides, you need to scale down that sig of yours. For my underbody light, I just hung a 100W trouble light . Does the trick when you need to do some work under there ;)