New Mats - Love Them!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They look nice.
I went WeatherTech so I can dump the water out after we get a foot of snow and I drag it all onto the floor.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
h

What's up with pink trim? Yikes!

Purple. It’s the Wife’s car. She is a JMU grad(as am I) and is a big fan. School colors are Purple and Gold. It breaks up the sea of black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, 3+ years on one set in my 17, used for every snow bound trip for my wife to the hospital. 4+ years in my Edge, salt on my driveway. 6+ years in my Passat before that(Not the same Mats obviously).

Vacuum periodically. Clean a couple spots here and there through the years(dogs, kids, wife). They held up REALLY well.

WeatherTech and the Rubber/Plastic are nice, but if I wanted a rubber floor I would order a work truck. I want soft under my feet. Routinely wear flip flops in the Summer at the River and beach. Bare feet on the fabric feels so much better.

Sorry, but I guess I can use a vacuum?

Hey, I put this out there to give an example of a well made mat from an American Company with excellent customer service and workmanship. If they aren’t for you, no big. I like them, and so does the wife, so I figured I would post so pics.

I run my weathertech when I know I’m going to be wearing boots and bringing in Georgia red clay and god knows what else. The rest of the time I’m using the factory carpet and they are plush and wonderful. I also have a cordless Dyson within a few feet of the vehicle so I’m taking the 30 seconds every few outings and keeping it clean. 3 years and 30k and then cappuccino interior is still so fresh and so clean and this with 2 toddlers. I hate a dirty car and the interior of someone’s vehicle speaks volumes about them.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run my weathertech when I know I’m going to be wearing boots and bringing in Georgia red clay and god knows what else. The rest of the time I’m using the factory carpet and they are plush and wonderful. I also have a cordless Dyson within a few feet of the vehicle so I’m taking the 30 seconds every few outings and keeping it clean. 3 years and 30k and then cappuccino interior is still so fresh and so clean and this with 2 toddlers. I hate a dirty car and the interior of someone’s vehicle speaks volumes about them.

Yeah, the Ford factory carpet mats are TERRIBLE! I am sure the Lincoln ones are nicer!

Agree on the interior!

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought the ford mats were nice looking. They came out first day though so I can’t say for sure. I have their weather mats up front and they are really nice. Just lack some coverage I’d like to have.

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The factory Lincoln mats seem ok.
The cargo mat in the back is really soft.

Last edited:

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
I really like these! I pondered the Weathertech mats - I like that they cover the entire foot well - but I just hate that plastic-thud sound shoes make on them. My '18 Limited has the original mats, they're okay and they look nice, but just not much in the way of coverage. My driveway is the neighborhood vortex of leaves/dirt that always piles up right where I get in/out of my car so I'm constantly tracking crap onto the carpet, I'd like more coverage. I'll check these out (minus the purple piping ;)). THANKS!!

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really like these! I pondered the Weathertech mats - I like that they cover the entire foot well - but I just hate that plastic-thud sound shoes make on them. My '18 Limited has the original mats, they're okay and they look nice, but just not much in the way of coverage. My driveway is the neighborhood vortex of leaves/dirt that always piles up right where I get in/out of my car so I'm constantly tracking crap onto the carpet, I'd like more coverage. I'll check these out (minus the purple piping ;)). THANKS!!

That’s exactly why I went with the ford weather Mats up front. I had weather tech years ago in a truck and they had that sound you are talking about. Wasn’t interested in that for a family hauler. Did go with husky for third row as it had the runner for between second row. Ford didn’t.

I think they did a nice job with the look and material, the downside is they cut out small areas that I would’ve liked to be covered. Like under gas pedal and right next to second row seat brackets. It’s not been the problem I expected though. Worst is stuff rubbing off my shoe and right under pedal. Still they have been an overall winner and are cheaper than aftermarket.

The husky cargo mat has gone well too.

What I need now is a cover that slips over the wider driver side third row seat back. Need to cover the back because my kid likes to jump up there while I load the other ones and also some cargo really needs a cover under it. So a slip over the entire back would be nice. Have yet to see anything like that and might try to ask one be made by one of the companies.

Last edited: