new motor or sell -6cyl misfire -thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there anything special with the SSV vehicles? Like stiffer suspension, suped up engine or something? That might be reason enough to keep it and fix it.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there anything special with the SSV vehicles? Like stiffer suspension, suped up engine or something? That might be reason enough to keep it and fix it.

I don't know much about the Expys but I have owned a couple Crown Vic Interceptors. My guess would be internally the engine is the same. Some year Vics had a larger intake tube/MAF and a different tune. Mostly the packages were additional cooling and upgraded electrical. Later model Vics had 200amp alternators.

OP
OP
K

Kodiak59

Reaction score
The SSV had a heavy duty alternator to run all the police equipment and light equipment. Interior was base (no carpeting, cloth front seats, no 3rd row, etc) but most other was standard. Some had upgraded suspension, but depended on what was ordered.

To add insult to injury, today we went to start it and it was completely dead. Battery starter/charger did nothing and said 'bad alternator'. Jumping it took a few tries but finally started. Battery is only 5 months old. Plugs are only 30k miles. Coincidence or just kicking me when we are down lol.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check voltage at the battery posts with the highbeams on and blower motor on high, engine at 2000. Charging range should be 13.5-14.5 volts dc. If it is within spec there is a drain in the system pulling the charge down.
Use a digital multimeter not the gauge in the cluster.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt