new to forum but not a newby Need new tricks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcab85

Reaction score
Hey guys not very forum savy, looking to find some mpg mods and upgrades to motor etc. here is a list of what ive done I am a small engine mechanic.
K&N filter onlly, cut stock filter cover to get more air.
Throttle body spacer, really cool whistles a lot more now,
Cut the exhaust off after the cats right before the muffler stupid I know...
list of things in the immediate future...
upgraded bosch 111 style fuel injectors (ebay refurbished) 4 hole spray.
shorty headers to stock y pipe (not sure about Y pipe) need advice..
any help appreciated guys.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha not that stupid! That is where mine is cut off, plus a glasspack where the muffler was. That being said I am putting pipe back there eventually. If you are looking for economy, go with like a flowmaster chambered muffler. That gives the engine the back pressure it needs while not restricting it as the stock muffler does. Otherwise if you really want to go big, a tuner will help out a lot too. Lots of guys use Edge, and I am sure someone with a tuner will post up. Kind of have to sell the farm for one of those though.

OP
OP
R

rcab85

Reaction score
nice truck, man I have around 200,000 miles too lol, do you know off hand what size the glasspack it is 2.5? Im going to take some pics of my truck tomorrow to post up on my profile, I lowered the front and put coil helpers in the rear springss to give it a better stance... Im a very happy I found this forum. awesome

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, yes the glasspack is 2.5" inlet and outlet by 26" long (not including ends, only body). It is part number 87516 from Cherry Bomb. This forum will quickly become your best friend. I have literally saved atleast a couple thousand dollars just from information gathered here alone.

OP
OP
R

rcab85

Reaction score
love it already, do you think definitely that the gotts mod is better than what I did with the cut out? Im sure it is because the cold air, I was planning on making a heat sheild...

OP
OP
R

rcab85

Reaction score
I did some research recently about mpg and one very cool mod that I have not seen on here yet is the fuel injector upgrade, from bosch gen 2 syle with a single hole to bosch gen 3 with a 4 hole output and faster closing time. wondering if anyone has looked into it... I just ordered them on ebay rebuilt for 100.00

OP
OP
R

rcab85

Reaction score
supposed to be better fuel atomization wich makes sense also what is up with the O2 sensor replacement for better mpg, and just one more question what are the best shorty headers to get for this truck?