New truck but not a expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeyg8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picked up my 04 excursion I always wanted yesterday high miles but not a spot of rust no accidents no scratches. Older couple owned and can't wait to start playing with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much did you snag that gem for? Diesel or gas? Please say diesel...

OP
OP
J

joeyg8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
V10 didn't want diesel bc of maintenance and I know this motor already. Got it for 6k

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everyone has a preference. I would have preferred the diesel myself. Good grab though. Had one here in va come across Craigslist for 4K with the 7.3. Really wish I had the money as it was only listed for a day.

OP
OP
J

joeyg8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Diesels around me with over 150k still going for $19k

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah they definitely do have a high price tag on them still, especially if they are well kept. I was willing to sell my f150 when I seen the listing here. Wasn't quick enough though.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We've got 2 Excursions for sale locally atm. One belongs to a veterinarian that is a friend of the family and he's had a lot of interest it, but no serious buyers yet. It's almost as frustrating selling a used car as it is buying one.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We've got 2 Excursions for sale locally atm. One belongs to a veterinarian that is a friend of the family and he's had a lot of interest it, but no serious buyers yet. It's almost as frustrating selling a used car as it is buying one.

Friend just sold his 05 Limited 4x4 with a 6.0 (junk motor no matter how much you bulletproof it) with 160K miles on it for 22K. Granted it was a solid southern car, garage kept and not something from the north I can't believe people would pay that for a suspect engine used truck it's crazy. Ironically the guy financed it too.

Ironically you can find V10 4x4s with under 130K miles for under 8K all day long. For that price you could slap in a common rail cummins and G56 and still be money ahead.

I personally wouldn't touch a car from the north, I have yet to see one that's more than two years old and not starting to rust unless it sits in the garage all winter long.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't touch a car from the north, I have yet to see one that's more than two years old and not starting to rust unless it sits in the garage all winter long.

I would rather a southern vehicle as well, but I found it virtually impossible to find an Expedition down south with 4WD. Having now driven the Expedition for several months, I can't even imagine having a 2WD model in dry weather let alone a northern winter. I have, literally, gotten stuck in my own yard in 2WD mode.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze