NO Electrical Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

blaunerb

Reaction score
ok go inside to the fuse block test for voltage at the main power lead it should be on the left side of the fuse block big red wire. if you can't get to it then check for voltage to fuse #10 and #12 neg lead on a body ground

if you do not have voltage then make up a jumper lead from the neg battery terminal to reach to the fuse block then hook up the meter to that neg jumper and then use the pos test lead to check the fuses mentioned above

Roxy - I will try and advise the results.... thanks for the trouble shooting tip. I will try tonight.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are multiple fusible links, which one are you talking about?

Go back over the under hood wiring harness and check to see if you haven't left a connection off. Then I would check the maxi fuse, battery junction box and central junction box for power.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 05 Nav doesn't have maxi fuses or a battery junction box.
It does however have fusible links and the central junction box

Attachments

• 13-01.jpg
    13-01.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, good ol Ford staying consistent with designs. Fusible links are on the alternator side so it is a non issue. I would expect no power at the central junction box + feed if everything has lost power.
Are any of the fuses in the cjb getting power on both sides of the fuse?

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
stamp look at the #11 post the OP hasn't gotten back to the thread yet

also agree about "good ol Ford" the main feed to the CJB comes from the battery to the CJB thru the firewall and there is no circuit protection on that line.

Imagine the results if that feed wire were to short out

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, when that short happens the radio will come on and play "Light My Fire" by the Doors.

Come on baby light my fire, light my fire, light my fire, light my fire, yea.....

And Dave's Top Ten - coming in at #1:
Ford's Ad -
The hell with Chevy, we've got the real blazer!!!

OP
OP
B

blaunerb

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I am embarrassed to tell you guys that I missed the main junction box feed on the battery... pretty humbling to admit. I replace the timing chain, cam chasers etc because it was making noise, running rough and unburned fuel (exhaust). The guides were broken.

it is still running rough and unburned fuel and throwing P0012 and P2196.... what do I need to do next - the VCT s are also new. what should I look at next COP, cam sensors?