OEM Raptor Wheels and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julijn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
s-l16001.jpg
As another posted. If you are actually going to be using your truck Offroad 22s are a horrible idea and 20s aren’t a great idea. From a capability standpoint let alone a cost standpoint.

I am a fan of more sidewall myself and not a very wide tire either, just flush or slightly onset of the fender. I want to keep stone slinging contained to the fenderwell.
17s or 18s with 33-34s are about perfect on these rigs. I was close to pulling the trigger on a set of the 1st Gen Raptor wheels. But I did not feel like fooling with the center cap or rear axle shaft.
I just with the OEM XLT 18s and actually liked them far more than I expected. So I’ll just put that money towards other actual useful things, like sliders and a winch.

Now if I could find a set of Raptor Beadlocks for a decent price I’d be grinding the axle shafts in a heartbeat.
125985.jpg
I scored a set locally....my build is finally setting sail....

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm casually keeping an eye out for a similarly sized spare. I haven't actually checked to see if a 34" spare will fit in the factory location. Stock spare will do in a pinch for now.

I'd also be interested in sliders. If you come across anything let me know!

I am pretty sure a 33” will fit underneath the 34” will be close. Pretty sure there is someone around here that put a 35” underneath but had to do some cutting.

As for sliders this is likely your best looking and functioning option.
Just order the 90” model.
http://www.chassisunlimited.com/product/armor-bumpers/rock-sliders/rock-slider-kit-sqaure.html

These are available too but are far from pleasing to the eye.
http://shop-xo-fab-com.3dcartstores.com/80-Dom-Rock-Slider_p_1249.html

I have a 16 and found these bolt ons.
https://www.carid.com/2016-ford-exp...apg-2-square-tube-side-armors-1819376170.html

They are aluminum which is a down fall from an impact standpoint. But I am contemplating coating them in a 1/4” of Raptor liner or so to add strength and rigidity. But don’t really expect a vertical impact in what I will be doing so I may be willing to take the chance on them.
View attachment 30047
I scored a set locally....my build is finally setting sail....

And you officially suck!!!! Can’t wait to see them installed!

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
Here she is with the ReadyLIFT 3/2 installed. Tires still rub, but just the fender liners at full lock. Still need to test articulation to make sure they clear the fenders at full stuff. If it's just the fender liners, I'm not too worried about the rubbing.

47105789664_475f3aa89a_b.jpgLifted 2018 Ford Expedition by Matt Krepp, on Flickr

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here she is with the ReadyLIFT 3/2 installed. Tires still rub, but just the fender liners at full lock. Still need to test articulation to make sure they clear the fenders at full stuff. If it's just the fender liners, I'm not too worried about the rubbing.

47105789664_475f3aa89a_b.jpgLifted 2018 Ford Expedition by Matt Krepp, on Flickr
Yeah looks sick bro! Good luck with the articulation stuff. I know at full drop your UCAs are going to be sitting on the springs. I can tell you that much. Not sure about fully compressed

julijn

Full Access Members
Reaction score

look nice bro... can you show off more pics like.. I like this offset and with the lift it looks amazing and still stock... love it bro.. I still cant decide if I want to go get the svt rims. I have the guy holding them for me till Friday... I think I will after seeing this....

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
Yeah looks sick bro! Good luck with the articulation stuff. I know at full drop your UCAs are going to be sitting on the springs. I can tell you that much. Not sure about fully compressed
Thanks! And, yes, I noticed the UCAs are very close to the springs at full droop. This is not the ideal lift for off road, but it'll get me by for now until something better (hopefully) comes along. Until then, I have my Land Cruiser for the gnarlier stuff.

look nice bro... can you show off more pics like.. I like this offset and with the lift it looks amazing and still stock... love it bro.. I still cant decide if I want to go get the svt rims. I have the guy holding them for me till Friday... I think I will after seeing this....
Thanks! Yes, I can get a few more pics, but it might be a couple days.

Here's one I took right after installing the lift:
47885563911_e933380abe_b.jpgexpy by Matt Krepp, on Flickr

OP
OP
MATT0404

MATT0404

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are the rear tires not centered in their wheel wells?
They appear to be a bit forward of center. I can't say I recall specifically, but I'd venture to guess the rear wheels aren't centered in the wheel wells in stock form, either. The effect is a bit more exaggerated in my case.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are the rear tires not centered in their wheel wells?
The spacers change the angle of suspension and will pull the wheels forward. Happened on mine too, nothing you can do about it except go back to stock