Oil catch can.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
On a side note...I can't help wondering, if adding 'port injectors' deletes the gains of having efficient, direct injectors? How much extra does this cost?MPG less? Why not just use, time tested port injectors?

Andy C

Reaction score
On a side note...I can't help wondering, if adding 'port injectors' deletes the gains of having efficient, direct injectors? How much extra does this cost?MPG less? Why not just use, time tested port injectors?
It is almost having 2 different engines...all controlled by computer on board. Why not just go with port injectors? Would the F150/Expy be market competitive for having a under 300 hp while other mfg are getting closer to 400 or more?

DI give your the efficiencies but with many issues that comes with it that PI engines doesn't have...and vice versa...PI is not as efficient as the DI engines. Jury is still out, but I think manufacturers are recognizing the issues with the DI engines.