Oil Filter: Is there a larger one that fits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

callwill

Reaction score
Rockauto was at one time my go to. Yesterday I wanted to buy at least 6 oil filters, a fuel filter and an air filter. Could not get everything shipped from the same location(do they do that on purpose? I think so) so likely buying what i can locally or from Amazon. 24 bucks in shipping- for 20 bucks of merchandise!

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, found the same thing with them, In my mind, they make a good deal of their profit from the difference between their shipping cost and billing for same.

ediddily

Reaction score
I'm a proponent of Rockauto myself. But yes, trying to get things to ship from one place can be tricky. Just try different products using their "same warehouse" truck icon, unless you're a brand ho. I've also noticed that since they go through inventory too, you may get lucky at a different point in time of getting the products you actually want from the same warehouse from them cycling through inventory from their different locations.

Brons2

Reaction score
On my old 2001 I used a remote oil filter kit. This kit had the option for single or double filter cans (I chose the double). They used a larger filter unit. Since they were remote-mounted (I had mine bolted to the front bumper frame), you could use pretty much any filter that would fit.

This would probably work on any Expedition up to 2014 as the filter is the same. I would prefer a vertically mounted filter, personally.