Open or limited slip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 07 XLT w/ HD tow package and IRS had a 3.73 clutch pack LSD in the rear. I opted to put a TrueTrac in place of the OEM clutch pack diff. for better grip. Its been in place for a few years now. I get on average 1.5-2.5' of snow in my driveway which is several hundred feet. The car used to be questionable getting through it. Now it plows right through it. Also, when pulling off the side of the road in gravel shoulder and gunning it, there is no sliding, it just goes forward. On hard accelerations there is no tire screeches either.
I'm not an expert, just a user, and I would say get what ever suits your needs. It all depends on your use of the car. A gear driven LSD is obviously better than open or clutch diffs but not as good a lockers. If its your daily driver or you tow, I'd say stick to a gear driven LSD. If your wheeling, get a locker
Same approach I took. Detroit Truetrac in the rear and Ox locker in the front gives me the best of both worlds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett