Ordered an intercooler!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
302Xplorer

302Xplorer

Reaction score
Any CEL because of removing the AGS? Typically on others where I have messed with the AGS I’ve left the Motors in place and removed the shutters. Or zip tied the Motor in place. Of course a tune can remove it from existence also, so it does not need to remain connected. Most tuners cutoff or seriously modify AGS settings anyway...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I unplugged the automatic shutters and secured it in a safe position. No CELs yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I unplugged the automatic shutters and secured it in a safe position. No CELs yet!

So you left the electronics in place, just removed the shutter assembly?

OP
OP
302Xplorer

302Xplorer

Reaction score
The mechanism that I removed the electronic plug from was left in the shutter fan assembly and removed from the vehicle completely. The plug is secured in a safe spot within the bodywork near the intercooler . No codes.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the assembly removed: a2365e06a44a8d352f9eda4adf1b8933.jpg

In that picture, the controller is at the bottom. My guess is the parameters for closing haven’t been met yet, so it hasn’t attempted. When it does, it will
Most likely throw a code. At least that has been my experience in the past.

How are temps looking?

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
In that picture, the controller is at the bottom. My guess is the parameters for closing haven’t been met yet, so it hasn’t attempted. When it does, it will

How are temps looking?

This should set a soft code, for voltage/ambient temp. Ford reduced the size of the intercooler after 2017. They were having damp weather power loss. They added shutters for condensation issues and to increase in MPG.

OP
OP
302Xplorer

302Xplorer

Reaction score

How are temps looking?

I’m going to remove the controller from the assembly just in case it starts throwing a code. There is plenty of room where I have placed the disconnected plug for the controller too.

I haven’t Had the opportunity to take a good look at the temps yet. I plan on doing that today and will post the results later. I want to get some numbers before I install the intake that is arriving tomorrow.

OP
OP
302Xplorer

302Xplorer

Reaction score
This should set a soft code, for voltage/ambient temp. Ford reduced the size of the intercooler after 2017. They were having damp weather power loss. They added shutters for condensation issues and to increase in MPG.

The intercooler I chose has a drain plug that should help with any power loss from accumulated condensation. MPG is not what I’m looking to improve with the intercooler upgrade in this specific application.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@302Xplorer

You get any air temp numbers post IC install? These hot ambients we have had the past few days should give some really good numbers!