Passenger side mirror freaking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was refueling my 2018 Expy yesterday and when finished, jumped in, started it up and the passenger side mirror started to repeatedly, and on its own accord, adjusting to the very far right limit and bouncing back and forth. I had to use the mirror adjust control to stop it by simply adjusting the mirror back to the left. Hasn’t done it since, but very weird on a brand new vehicle with 2500 miles. My 2007 Expy would do this occasionally, but it had 130,000 miles. Anyone else experience this and know what may cause it?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was refueling my 2018 Expy yesterday and when finished, jumped in, started it up and the passenger side mirror started to repeatedly, and on its own accord, adjusting to the very far right limit and bouncing back and forth. I had to use the mirror adjust control to stop it by simply adjusting the mirror back to the left. Hasn’t done it since, but very weird on a brand new vehicle with 2500 miles. My 2007 Expy would do this occasionally, but it had 130,000 miles. Anyone else experience this and know what may cause it?
Weird coincidence...mine did the same thing yesterday too! Although mine started pointing all the way up and kept bouncing off the upper limit. Strangest thing was I had just turned the vehicle off. All I had to do was start it up and the saved settings brought it back to where it was supposed to be. Hasn’t happened again. I’ve got about 2600 miles on mine.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've also had this happen on a few rare occasions. both passenger and driver (not at the same time). driver was going up up up.. passenger was going out rather than up. Hasn't happened enough yet for me to get too concerned, but good (or bad i suppose) to know it's happening to others as well.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah my passenger side mirror has done this on my Navi only when the mirrors are folded in. Maybe 3 times now. Each time it has been when I opened the passenger door with them folded in, once I open the drivers door and close it they fold out which has stopped the issue. Weird.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Count me in as well. Had it happen on the driver side on three separate occasions where it wanted to go to the outermost position after turning off vehicle.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine hasn’t done it in a few weeks, hoping the gremlin is gone.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This happened to me too, on driver side mirror. I just jabbed the mirror with my finger and it seems to have set itself back in place. Sometimes you just gotta jab it.

Jeka

Reaction score
Happened to me too.
Started the engine, hit the memory button to restore seat/mirrors settings from my wife's configuration. Passenger mirror started to freak out. Switched it to manual adjustment and it stopped. Hit one more time memory button to restore my settings - everything came to normal. Happened to me once so far, but own the truck only for two weeks.
Anybody talked to dealer about that?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Happened to me too.
Started the engine, hit the memory button to restore seat/mirrors settings from my wife's configuration. Passenger mirror started to freak out. Switched it to manual adjustment and it stopped. Hit one more time memory button to restore my settings - everything came to normal. Happened to me once so far, but own the truck only for two weeks.
Anybody talked to dealer about that?
I mentioned it when I went in a few weeks ago (for a different issue) and they looked into it. When I picked it up the receipt just said "unable to duplicate issue". I think it's going to be one of those things that unless the tech is standing there when it happens (it'd have to be the tech, not the "service advisor") there's not anything they can do about it. Until of course the mirror just gives up and craps the bed...then they can fix it.