Passenger side mirror freaking out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Funny you posted this. My mirror issue came up again today, I went to the garage and started up the Expy with the mirrors folded and the passenger side mirror started clicking to max range repeatedly again. Hit the adjust button and it stops. Ford will never address it because my 2007 Expedition would do it to.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW: I've got 39,755 on my '17 bought in Nov'16. I park under a canopy at night and since I have a habit of hitting stuff, I fold the mirrors in every single night and back out every single morning.....and they have always worked perfectly.

Never have experienced them acting on their own.....

jeff

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an odd question:

Is your mirror programmed to fold out as far as possible? The reason for the question is my husband is 6'3 and our old 2013 F-150 side mirror would also freak out. Multiple dealerships and no one could find anything wrong with it. Typically the freak out would occur from him changing the seating preferences from my shorter setting to his taller settings. Our last truck never had any mirror freak outs and neither does the Expedition. Therefore it seemed to be isolated to the 2013 F-150.

Not sure if it helps.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an odd question:

Is your mirror programmed to fold out as far as possible? The reason for the question is my husband is 6'3 and our old 2013 F-150 side mirror would also freak out. Multiple dealerships and no one could find anything wrong with it. Typically the freak out would occur from him changing the seating preferences from my shorter setting to his taller settings. Our last truck never had any mirror freak outs and neither does the Expedition. Therefore it seemed to be isolated to the 2013 F-150.

Not sure if it helps.
Actually no. I’m 5’11”. I keep the mirrors canted in so I can see some truck body in order to have a frame of reference to where the right lane car is in relation to me. I don’t quite trust the traffic warning system yet but only because I’ve never had a vehicle with traffic warning. It’s a very intermittent problem and has occurred once with the mirrors deployed and once with the mirrors folded. Passenger side only. It’s weird and also occurred on my 2007 Expy.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Happened again today for three times total. I actually hope it become less intermittent so the issue can be traced and fixed.

OP
OP
S

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now my driver's side mirror just freaked out. I let it go so I could see how long it would last. Stopped after 30 seconds but the mirror was adjusted all the way in. I videoed it with my phone so I can discuss with dealership.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now my driver's side mirror just freaked out. I let it go so I could see how long it would last. Stopped after 30 seconds but the mirror was adjusted all the way in. I videoed it with my phone so I can discuss with dealership.
Good idea, I don’t know if it will help them or not but maybe they won’t talk about ‘that crazy guy’ after you leave now having video evidence.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For all of those whose mirror is doin this...are you using the ez entry feature?